OT: Hate to state the obvious

If you fire somebody after a year, the employee is only part of the problem.

1 Like

Sounds like you have A LOT of experience in this matter …

Well at least D. Cal is in good company … Pres. Lincoln hired and fired MANY generals 'til he finally got it right …

2 Likes

This was the last time that I watched the Texans, I missed watching those two guys.

4 Likes

The reason why i say that is because when it came to who was available and who they drafted made no sense. I understand OL was the need DW4 was getting hit consistently after the injury and before it but youre right well never know until they play a down.

1 Like

You have no idea if the draft was subpar. They drafted for need and of upgraded their two most need areas and have added a TE in the middle rounds who looks like a terrific pickup.

1 Like

Case snd Johnson was having a bunch of fun it that game…I met Case and Kimberly that Summer and he was hopeful to come back…but that jerk Bill Obrien…wanted his Tom Salvage…SMH.

4 Likes

Why do we try to be the Patriots…??? We cant even do that right.

3 Likes

More of the same. BOB, Mallet, Hoyer, GM, theres more just cant think of it.

Geez this guy is the real deal in his profession. There is a reason the Pats have been so reluctant to let anyone talk to him. Seems to be a thought that the Texans knew they would be allowed an interview.

1 Like

With his coaching they were 11-5 last year. So for most fans, and I am a casual Texans fan, it’s about maintaining that level or better and advancing in the playoffs.

Do you really believe Bill is a great coach??? I cant see him winning anything, but I can vision losses and him retaining his job, inspite of. Never been sold on him. Claiming to be a QB guru with a bunch of QBs he went through doest help.

Heck, you can get fired for being a bad college coach and move into a pro HC, isn’t that right Mr. Kingsbury?

3 Likes

How many teams have gone Patriot light and have had no success. There is only one Belichick and there is only one Brady.

3 Likes

The Texans…just be original. Patriot lite will never work!

Bill O’Brien got his QB guru rep for being a coach for Brady. I could be a coach for Brady and he would still be great. He sure hasn’t missed a lick since BO’B has been gone.

7 Likes

Oh, no, I don’t. I’m just saying IF he is a good coach, 11-5 and at least the 2nd round in the playoffs should become more or less normal. For me, the casual fan, even if the Texans are 11-5 or better if they go out in the first round, O’Brien has failed.

1 Like

Just remember that BoB got Rick Smith removed as GM by throwing him under the bus. Word is that he threw Gaines under the bus…funny thing is that Gaines was BoB’s handpicked GM after Rick Smith departed. Now, they’re going to let BoB pick another GM (although, Cal McNair has stepped in and seems to want the GM to be the one choosing players).

As far as this past draft and free agency, Gaines was picked and signed the guys that BoB wanted.

Amazing to me that the organization has given so much power to a guy with a 43-41 record with one playoff win…and that win was only because the other team was starting a QB that had never made a professional start before. Pretty sad considering the shape of the AFC South during the years that O’Brien has been in Houston.

9 Likes

We’ve all had that co-worker that was completely useless, but had some how fooled upper management into thinking they were great.

8 Likes