OT: Hate to state the obvious

Just to clarify. Out of respect to Rick Smith and his family he removed himself from GM position to be closer to his ailing wife who eventually succumbed to cancer.

1 Like
1 Like

Bingo…the problem has always been Obrien since he has been head coach. By the way, has anyone seen the list of QBs BOB has had (self proclaimed) QB guru since being in Houston??? And his favorite on is no longer a Texan. This guy was never a guru. Tom Brady made him, yet he get GMs fired. He will be exposed this season and hopefully the Texans dont play blind. BOB has to go!!!

2 Likes
1 Like

Is Obrien name attached to this???..after reading article…yes. Can we get an interm Coach if he is guilty?

2 Likes

As I said before, O Brien is a moron. If he tampered and was caught, then what ?
Are they going to add GM to his Coach title ?
Clown Brigade.

1 Like

Considering the Texans Player Personnel dept., is losing a draft pick such s bad thing?

1 Like

YEP … the Pat’s owner … from his personal bordello of underaged women in Miami … IS OUTRAGED that the Texans would do such a dastardly act!!! …

2 Likes

More issues…

1 Like

???
“Instead, head coach Bill O’Brien will team up with Executive Vice President of Team Development Jack Easterby to handle the personnel duties, in consultation with the Texans’ scouting department.”

1 Like

Well, it seems BoB has won. Have a feeling this won’t be pretty.

3 Likes

I wish he would win a couple of playoff games.

2 Likes

He can, just needs the opposing starting and backup QB to get hurt before the game.

2 Likes

Doomed to another 5+ years of losing…no Superbowls…not even close with BOB…ever.

4th String QB, BOB led team might have a shot…I might skip this Texan FB Season…or more…NFL love in my heart left in 1996…and apparently wont return.

…so…they ARE going to add GM to his Coach Title…
I love it when I am right, but sadly, this is just a terrible move. The Peter Principle at work if I have EVER seen it…how sad.

No, they’re going to leave the GM title vacant for now and fill it after the season (maybe).

If Cal McNair is smart, this is BoB’s last chance. If he falls on his face, Cal sends him packing, hires a GM and then let’s the GM hire a head coach. Organization hasn’t done since they initially hired Casserly. Kubiak was hired and then brought in Rick Smith to be GM; BoB was hired, forced Smith out, and then hand-picked Gaines. Need to do things the right way.

1 Like

What was so good about nick caserio?

1 Like

Letting the coach pick the GM is a recipe for disaster, IMHO. The GM is then not really responsible and is beholding to the coach and knows he can’t cross him – even when he recognizes the coach is wrong.

2 Likes

That is like a supervisor being over a Principal in a company…it makes no sense for a coach to be over a GM. Bill Obrien cant be fired at this point no matter how poor of a coach he is…his poor decisions on field and playcalling get others wacked. I cant watch the Texans this year, maybe longer, as long as that Jerk is part of the Texans organization. Not worth my money or views. At least the Oilers fired people when they wouldnt produce unlike the Texans with Obrien!

2 Likes