OT: Hopkins at AZ

Case would have given the Texans the mental maturity they have lacked for many years in games and
in the football business off the field, like trades.

You knew what the topic was about as was listed as OT which means off topic. If you didnā€™t want to read about it you had the option of not opening it. But, there is interest in the Texans here in Houston as shown by the replies. I canā€™t understand why people try to censor what others read.

4 Likes

The Cougar football team now has to compete for space on its own message board. The Texans command most of the newspaper every single day and every electronic outlet in the area every single day. They are a long way from censored. The Cougar football team (you remember them) gets far less coverage. It would be nice to have a spot for them where they donā€™t compete for attention. You dilute the value of the board with non-related discussions about other things.

3 Likes

Saw a photo of DHOP giving double fingers to a Trump car parade. Weaving in and out of traffic dangerously was the info I received . . . . . That display made me glad he no long represents the city of Houston . . . . .

And then he caught 10 passes. Full day for him.
I donā€™t think ball players represent the city they play in. You can say they represent the organization.

1 Like

I looked back through a few other non-UH related threads (Penn St. vs Indiana, an article about a former Javelina coach, Ga. vs Alabama, and Eric Dickerson) and noticed you had no problem with them. However, you object to a thread about the Houston pro team which draws interest from a lot of UH fans.

Your handle is Northerncoog; does that indicate you are in/from a northern state and donā€™t like the Texans, or just from north Houston and still donā€™t like the Texans? Regardless, UH doesnā€™t have to compete for space on this board, and again, you donā€™t have to read it. Censorship is not a good thing.

You are correct. I do not like the Texans football team. They take tax dollars and give them to billionaires who charge the public to attend. As for my origin, Iā€™m a 5th generation Texan who graduated from the University of Houston. The handle has nothing to do with where Iā€™m from. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now i really wonder why you are ā€œnorthernā€ coog

3 Likes

Bwa hahahahaha!

Well, most of the nation is North of Houston.

1 Like

Pro players are associated with the city they represent, because they wear the cityā€™s name in the public eye . . . . .

IMHO, everyone North of Buffalo Bayou is a Yankee . . . . .

2 Likes

I have admit that according to your parametersā€¦I was a yankee when I attended UHšŸ˜œ.

2 Likes

You canā€™t take the southern out of a southern person. I was born and raised in Southern Houston. I just live and raise my kids with my wife in Northern Houston!!! I canā€™t be Yankee! You are comparing me to the great Bill Obrien, and I simply refuse that!!! (Lol)

2 Likes

The 38th Parallel, the DMZ, the Maginot Line, the Mason Dixon Lineā€¦
And Nowā€¦
The Buffalo Bayou !!!

2 Likes

Good to see Mr BOB is still in your thoughts. You just canā€™t let him Go! :joy: :laughing:

1 Like

When I here ā€œYankeeā€ his face is the first I see in my thoughts (lol).

FWIW, the Packers are allegedly interested in acquiring Will Fuller. The story that follows are ten trades suggested by the author; essentially, heā€™s advocating getting rid of Duke Johnson and Kenny Stills, as well:

1 Like

I heard on the radio today that the Texans have said everyone is available except Watson, Tunsill, Tytus Howard and Watt, but take the Watt isnā€™t available with a grain of salt that could just be them saying that to drive up what teams offer them if they really want to make a deal.

The Texans are dumb enough to do it.

2 Likes

If Oā€™Braindead were smart he would have made the deal to trade Fuller away, not DHop! Getting a 2nd round pick for Fuller would have made a lot more sense! If he were patient he could have gotten more than a 1st rounder for DHop. But DHop was such a reliable, consistent player I wouldnā€™t have traded him unless it is for a couple of 1st rounders at the very least!

You donā€™t trade away your top franchise-type players unless somebody makes you an offer you canā€™t turn down! DHop for a 2nd rounder was probably the stupidest deal Iā€™ve ever seen in football! How the heck a dimwit like Oā€™Braindead managed to become an NFL headcoach is beyond me!

2 Likes