OT - Houston Rockets

Tbh Harden just seems like a bad team player. Dudes great dont get me wrong but he takes the load himself and when hes not on it the team suffers. You cant have a one player team and you cant have 4 players spacing the arch standing there while harden takes a step back 3 and misses. It’s frustrating to watch cant imagine playing during the game.

Don’t believe everything you’re reading right now. Rockets are a threat to the Lakers and they’re using their media connections to try and create rumors about disfunction in the Rockets org. It also seems as if the fired assistants may be leaking things.

Here’s CP3 responding directly to a headline

https://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/1141095504064987136/photo/1

It’s propaganda season right now as everyone tries to recruit the stars. There are teams deathly afraid the Rockets will land another star…maybe, Jimmy Butler.

4 Likes

Yes, let’s not forget that the original “report” was put out by some guy at Yahoo, the same clown outfit that employs Pete Thamel. There’s lots of stuff on Twitter right now, but these tweets show this clown isn’t exactly neutral when it comes to Harden.

https://twitter.com/BrendanBmore/status/1141092403442532353

https://twitter.com/LBJamesHarden/status/1141102613179580416

3 Likes

I see Chris Clemons already went off in his first pro game. 25pts. and 7 of 13 beyond the arc. He would have been a high lottery pick if he was half a foot taller

4 Likes

And, they’re bringing back the Red and Yellow’s

2 Likes

For this year only.

1 Like
1 Like

Yes embarrassment of talent… however he and the GSW have a knack for finding under the radar players and developing them into great players and they also are able to calm down players who have reps as head cases (i.e. Boogie Cousins). An example of this is JaVale McGee, who was a gold medalists on Shaqtin’ a fool before GSW.

If they stay in the top 8 in the west and get in, they get Thompson back and they will STILL be title contenders… but it’s gonna be much harder this year for them.

1 Like

LOL…JaVale McGee…lol…true!!!

Daryl Morey has lost his touch.

Just curious here. How so? What is he supposed to do if his targeted player doesn’t want to come here? In my mind, the only thing Morey did wrong here was get vocal about how confident he was in getting this done. Should have just kept his mouth closed and did his best to make it happen.

But as soon as I saw Butler wanted to go to Miami because he wanted to be “the man” and have a team built around him, I was very glad we didn’t give up Capela or Gordon for him. His ego is too large to compete for championships.

I love that Morey swings for the fences, but there are going to be strikeouts with that approach.

4 Likes

Morey and Tad Brown look like fools. It was the Rockets leaking all the Butler stuff. So, not only did they not get a meeting with Butler they threw Capela, Gordon, and PJ Tucker under the bus during the whole charade. Good luck repairing those relationships.

2 Likes

This is where I 100% agree with you. They were way too vocal about all of this and unnecessarily so. But if the players don’t realize this is a business and can’t get over it, they might be in the wrong business.

2 Likes

I saw an article over the weekend and Butler wasn’t crazy about coming home to play, because of people he knows asking for hand outs and stuff.

Maybe this was Morey telling people that when you don’t win championships you might get traded.

1 Like

Eh…these guys are professionals and will play hard. Maybe it’ll affect them when it’s time for their contract to be renewed, but I doubt they do anything that would damage future earnings.

Always remember…Robert Horry and Matt Bullard were in Detroit after being traded for Sean Elliott before that trade was rescinded. Those two then went on to help the Rockets win their 1st championship that same season.

4 Likes

I don’t think Morey was playing games but he’s definitely willing to play for keeps. I’m not the biggest Morey fan but I do approve of shaking things up when you’re mired in fifth place in the NBA.

I was beyond upset. Sean Elliott was injured prone and the Rockets traded a promising young star plus fan favorite Bullard for the enemy former San Antonio Allstar player Sean Elliot?! Glad it was rescinded and Sean failed his physical.

1 Like

I was devastated by that trade as I loved Horry and Bullard. Was so happy when it was rescinded and it worked out great.

I don’t think Elliott ever forgave the Rockets for that. If you’ve ever listened to his broadcasts when the Rockets play the Spurs (he’s the local color commentator for them), he always tears into the Rockets. Glad he never ended up here as I don’t think we win the title without Horry.

3 Likes

Probably not.