OT: No longer browsing CoogFans during class

Laptop accidentally clicked on the Ritz ad up top. Got weird stares from my classmates. Thanks

14 Likes

Shouldn’t you be paying attention to class? Isn’t that why you are there? :sunglasses::grin::grinning:

11 Likes

Always been a fear of mine at work

4 Likes

I got lost as soon as the professor walked in.

Trying to catch up now

1 Like

Well, we appreciate the patronage!

2 Likes

Can Coogfans get different sponsor! :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

Actually now that you mention it… let me see if I can code a way click to hide the ad. Not sure but would be good for certain cases.

3 Likes

Jess22: Why not you? :grinning:

3 Likes

Hehe. I knew that was coming. I couldn’t delete post! :upside_down_face::smile:

1 Like

If it’s in any form of webdev may Shasta have mercy on your soul. The most time consuming project we did was PHP/HTML/SQL in 72 hours…

It was an eight week project.

Well… been a web developer since 1993. Was there in the beginning of it all. And that is crazy… 72 hours.

2 Likes

Just a theory, is there any form of code that could be written to prevent a device from accessing a webpage a certain amount of times per second? Because UH seems to have that problem with their directory which causes people to get scammed.

Back in my UH career, we still had Typewriters and Desktop Computers, unless you were one of those students with some money to get a 90s to 00s laptop. Paper, Pencil, & Calculators was my laptop! (Lol)

3 Likes

At the server level…absolutely.

2 Likes

Back in my College days(late 70s-early 80s) the computer was size of a room. #Cobalt/Fortran

5 Likes

The latest iPhone is more powerful than my enterprise workstation from 2013. it’s insane.

3 Likes

UH should probably look into that! Their directory is wide open to being intruded/mined for scammers

1 Like

Contact UH IT.

1 Like

FORTRAN and punch cards…those were the days.

6 Likes

With 222-card decks…:smile:

4 Likes