OT: St. John’s Booster Upset

2 Likes

National embarrassment ???

Get a clue… the vast majority of the nation doesn’t give a f… about St Johns.

Typical arrogant attitude of a northeasterner !!!

6 Likes

Lol wut?

The entire Big East took a hit when they decided to split the conference apart.

1 Like

The ESPN.com front page has a link to a story about how poorly the St. John’s search is going.

Getting turned down by Hurley was obvious. Getting turned down by the Loyola-Chicago and Iona coaches is really bad.

To be honest…compare the two basketball programs, UH and SJU. It’s almost looking into a mirror. We’ve just gotten out of our 35 year hibernation. Both programs were awesome in the 80s led by once in a lifetime coaches and superstar players that were from their own backyard.

3 Likes

They should hire Pitino. They have to take a chance like we did. Their facilities are poor, their reputation is 40 years ago, their support is meh. Not saying he would go, but find your show cause kind of guy and give it a whirl.

3 Likes

My cousin is an SJU alum. Their on campus facilities are stuck in the 40s/50s. They used to have their pick of NYC blue chip prospects, but without the facilities, you are fighting a way uphill battle. You can’t use playing at MSG as your top recruiting pitch. They’ve gone from an original Jordan Brand school to Under Armor in the span of 20 years. The on-campus basketball facilities that they have now make UH’s former ones look state of the art! Good luck recruiting with that. They need a complete administration enema. They won’t succeed until they find their own Khator/Fertitta/Sampson. It’s not like their alumni have no money! They have plenty of alums who run firms on Wall St!

4 Likes

He really wants the job too.

That applies to almost all universities, generally only the fans and alumni of any school really give a rats.

2 Likes

Exactly…thus the arrogance of claiming it is a “national” embarassment !

National publications are talking about what a joke their search has been. I think that’s what he means. Not that the entire country is sitting on pins and needles to figure out who their next coach will be.

1 Like

I merely mentioning what the big boy booster said.

St. John’s gets Mike Anderson
Good hire…

Per the NY Post “Anderson has posted a career record of 369-200 (.649) over 17 seasons as a head coach at UAB, Missouri and Arkansas… (and) is one of only four current Division I coaches with at least 15 years of experience who has never endured a sub .500 season, joining Roy Williams, Tom Izzo and Mark Few… (The) question remains if he will assemble a coaching staff able to recruit the (NYC) area effectively.”

2 Likes

Mike Anderson is an excellent hire for SJU.

Go Coogs. Peace.

1 Like