OT: Washington to drop Redskins

Come on somebody is eventually going to do the corporate sponsorship thing.

District of Columbia Amazons

2 Likes

Might be too Feminine…the opposition might say.

1 Like

I am ushering in an era of inclusiveness.

2 Likes

A little off topic — I remember when George Allen was coaching Washington, and he brought in a bunch of his former players from when he coached the Rams (Jack Pardee, Dyron Talbert, and others). They had so many ex-Rams that some were calling them the Wash Angeles Ramskins…
I also remember the owner saying that he gave Allen an unlimited expense account, and he exceeded it.

1 Like

That team almost beat the undefeated 72 Dolphins in the Super Bowl. Seems like yesterday.

1 Like

The Washington Deficits

5 Likes

Washington Blackfeet. Apparently the current logo is a Blackfoot chief drawn by a Blackfoot Indian.

Washington Wokeskins

The Thieves !!

2 Likes

the bureaucrats

1 Like

Washington Natives

3 Likes

Washington Spanish Peanuts

3 Likes

The Potomac Possums…

They don’t do anything during the day, and mess up things at night in secret…

4 Likes

Huh ?

2 Likes

You’ve got my vote.

1 Like

Oh that’s possums? I thought it was saying something else.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Navajo. It is the hardest language in the world to learn. Japanese couldn’t crack it. The Navajo were referred to as “Windtalkers” a code term for the intel effort they undertook.

1 Like

Actually, the Washington Red Tails is getting a lot of hype in the media.

Red Tails is a really cool name for sure. I’m sure the pacifist would be demonstrating against such a war theme name.

However, in line with their play the last several years, and their management, maybe Red Faces would be more appropriate.

How about Washington Statesmen? Oh no, that’s gender bias and it may not fit DC since a statesman is a

respected, skilled and experienced political leader or figure. In most respects a statesman is the opposite of a politician. Politicians are thought of as people who will say or do anything to get elected or to gain power.

According to Wikipedia.
:wink:

1 Like