OT: Who to root for? TSU@ Rice

In theory a Rice win helps our strength of schedule (but does it REALLY?)

On the other hand, I love to root for the underdog. TSU hasn’t won a game since 2018. Would love to see the Tigers get one against Rice.

As Chattabox would say…Gooooooooooooooooooooo Tigers!

1 Like

Root for Rice.

Rice blows goats

TSU all day

8 Likes

TSU.

No true blue Coogfan roots for the team (Rice) that tried to keep us out of the SWC for decades, and which, under Jess Neely, wanted us demoted to a lower level.

TSU is at least a friendly neighbor in our local neighborhood.

7 Likes

TSU let us use their gym when FC was being built.

Didn’t we ask Rice to use their stadium when TDECU was being built?

Regardless, TSU. All day. Every day.

8 Likes

UH.

What strength of schedules? We have one of the worse schedule and even if we play Bama, it would barely move the needle. Saying that, RUCK FICE so I’m rooting for TSU.

1 Like

In truth I couldn’t care less. But I want as many of our opponents as poss to have winning records

Just admit you were wrong! :wink: C’mon, root for the Tigers, everybody else is doing it…

1 Like

Who really cares. At least Rice is kind of a rival. Rice whips TSU for first win

3 Likes

TSU all the way, I’ll always have a soft spot for those kids. Spent time around the baseball program and there is absolutely no one in D1 that does more with less. 99% of the HS have better facilities and resources than they do and yet they play a brutal OOC schedule, all on the road.

2 Likes

I won’t be following the game much either way but expect rice to win by a lot.

And yes we did request to use rice’s stadium while TDECU was under construction. They allowed us to but with all sorts of stipulations like we couldn’t use their locker rooms. We were going to need a tent outside the stadium for halftime.

We said no and played at the he Dynamo’s soccer stadium

You know you’re right. I’m a lifelong Tiger fan. One of our favorite possessions is a picture of Rodney Ellis and Barbara Jordan posing with Tank the Tiger.

I have a Tiger tattoo on my left hip. I’ve spent literally hundreds of hours bumping into TSU graduates around town. They are the most polite cars in the Whataburger drive-through and if you want to get a good deal find a Tiger business owner. They’ll treat you right.

Go Tigers!
Beat Rice (those insufferable and devious analytics that ruined all of our lives and who, against his will, have set up shop inside UHlaw97’s head. I will never let those b#### s prevail!)

1 Like

I love rice
That kind

Yes

rice, the school?
!@#ice and UH coworkers

IF they lose to TSU, Mike Bloomgren’s rice is probably cooked on Main St.

1 Like

Tough call but Rice has always been my second favorite university

1 Like

My mom is a Rice grad. Lol

My mom in her fifties finally learned how to talk smack. I asked her if she wanted to go to the BB game with me and my family. She asked what that was. With my typical snark I replied something like, “I forgot you went to Rice. In case you didn’t realize it you have a football team.”

My mom replied, “You could have just said, ‘its a football game’. When you use idioms like that you look insecure. But you did go to the U of H.”

But she’s a pretty good ol’ gal. When I was in China she used to send me all the Chronicle articles on the Coogs, lovingly clipped and folded, sent 2nd class mail.

4 Likes

Go Tigers

Go Tigers!

OW!!