Other Regionals

Same games of interest to us:

Conference:
USF wins 9-1 over Bethune-Cookman.
UCF lost 7-4 to Auburn.

Our old conf mates USM beat U-Illinois-Chicago 8-7.

Texas Teams:

Tech won 5-2 over Delaware.
Texas Southern lost 15-7 to LSU.

Cinderella?
Yale beat Nebraska 5-1.
Davidson wins 8-4 over #2 in the country North Carolina.

1 Like

SHSU won Friday night. Would like to see them beat Texas Tech tonight.

Rice survived an early scare from TSU and Rice’s young aces struggled this weekend.

UNC in an elimination game tomorrow and UCF getting bounced already makes you realize that winning a regional is tough business.

2 Likes

No.2 national seed North Carolina goes down to A10 #4 seed Davidson with a couple of close calls at the plate in the Bot 9. So I assume the Houston Regional winner will host Davidson in the Super Regional

2 Likes

Houston will host if we win since we are the 1 seed. Aggies would probably host if they win, but it would be up for bid.

1 Like

Checking some of the other regionals out:

Oregon State just rolled through their regional. UNC might not have lived up to their seeding but Oregon State outscored their opponents 27-3 in their 3 games.

SHSU held on to force a final game against Texas Tech. Go Kats!

In Fort Worth, looks like weather issues are slowing them up. Only 4 games played so far with TCU sitting pretty after going 2-0. DBU and Virginia in an elimination game today (but not starting until 3 PM?).

Texas and Long Beach St in a final game today as well but not until 10 PM Central. Winner gets Cal St Fullerton who took down Stanford.

USF was eliminated Sunday – it’s too bad they were not able to win the game against Florida on Saturday. Went 12 innings – lost 5-1

And Rice lost to LSU so their hot streak to close the season was not enough to take down LSU.

Oregon St is having a season for the ages. If I had ESPN I would be watching their games. This post season and this one only they are my #2 team after our UH Cougars.

Sam Houston leads Tech 4-3 in the 8th. Very impressive showing from the Bearkats.

1 Like

Tech down to their final out.

SHSU WINS!

3 Likes