Other Saturday action

Ehlinger seems like a pretty good fit for what they do, for what that’s worth. I don’t know if he’s the level of game breaker to do what Ward did here though. From what I could tell reading between the lines they weren’t super keen on Smith as a QB, but were only willing to offer him as an Athlete. On paper their 2018 class looks good, but so did Mack’s classes every year and his last 3-4 were almost entirely kids who peaked their JR year and bombed out on campus.

2 Likes

I’m told there’s an institutional drive (one outspoken regent has apparently now convinced others) to replace Sumlin. Don’t forget CM is an alumnus. Money isn’t an issue for Agros. Just another “well informed rumor”, I have no inside information.

Read the new report just posted!!

They don’t have 3 impressive games left.

Yep, i remember reading they only offered smith as a wr which probably had more to do with him passing them up.

As for Ehlinger, he fits the prototypical urban Meyer/tom Herman type of qb-big and athletic (he’s 6’2" and 230 with decent mobility). The problem is with his size and physical running style he’s already getting concussions as he’s missed the last week after suffering one against ok state (it probably didn’t help that after getting concussed Herman put him back in the game).

Impressive wins, beating Ole Miss and LSU would look great. Dominating New Mexico would be an improvement too after struggling to beat Nicholls St and having a terrible first half against ULL. If he wants a chance to keep his job, he better beat New Mexico 60-0, then win both Ole Miss/LSU with one of them in dominating fashion. Don’t think that is possible though.