Other Universities - Who Cares?

A number of threads/comments on what other unis are saying on their board about UH. Who cares? Doesn’t matter. They are not going to promote UH over their own universities. In fact, to be safe, they are going to put UH down to make themselves feel better.

You know when they are talking about you, they are insecure. You know why we don’t talk about North Texas, Texas State, Sam Houston State? Because we don’t consider them as competition. You know why they talk about UH and disrespect it on their forums, because they feel threatened. Let them say whatever, we don’t need to advertise it on our forums. We don’t need to import that garbage on coogfans.

Believe me, in the 70s the Soviet Union was not talking up the United States or the other way around. One does not need the approval of the other.

Go Coogs. Not meant to be offensive to any other coog.

14 Likes

Well said. Thank you

2 Likes

*grabs popcorn again

1 Like

CHILI SHOULD NOT HAVE BEANS!

There…I said it. Let’s rumble!

8 Likes

If you don’t like my threads then don’t read them. It’s that simple

I have heard us called: “outlaws”,“coogroes”,“cougar highs” and other pejoratives. I’d rather be insulted than ignored.

6 Likes

I was a small child during the backend of the SWC days but I saw the Coogroes pic…yeah that didnt age well at all

Which forum? I like reading where they cry hard. That said, out of all the forums and boards I’ve been on this forum is by far the best, all the info is always posted and there are some posters on here that really know their stuff.

1 Like

Any chance you can post the links to the forums you are taking about ?

I’ll read opponents sites after a big win or comeback, such as Memphis when we won on the last second shot or the big comeback against Pitt in the Armed Forces Bowl, but otherwise avoid them and never register to post on them.

Yeah, that is a guilty pleasure of mine as well. I visited a Virginia Tech fan forum this weekend to soak up the anguish after the Mountaineers won back the Black Diamond Trophy on Saturday…its like that energy vampire guy, Colin Ferguson, from ‘What we do in the Shadows’. :wink:

2 Likes

“Coogroes”? What fanbase forum doesn’t delete that term?

SMU students hung a sign up in Moody Coliseum at a game against us. I think it was late 70s or early 80s.

This was decades ago before the fan forums existed

Dy01skaU0AAEJY_

If it ain’t TKP it ain’t fun lmao.

Congrats on the win #FireFuente.

1 Like

I love being the outlaw. Don King said it best. “Any publicity is good publicity.”

1 Like

Wow, I can’t comprehend the absurd lack of class to use that invented term. I am old but don’t recall the 80s being that openly racist…or is that just an SMU thing?

1 Like

P.T. Barnum said it long before Don King.

If there are beans in anyone’s chill, there will in fact be some rumble! lol

2 Likes

Yea, and PT Barnum’s hairdo sucked nadds…

2 Likes