OU and WSU will be tough... but we shouldn't count out UNT

I believe that I’ve said before that UNT will be a much bigger challenge this year than usual.

Obviously, one can/should never overlook ANY opponent, but given that in most seasons, we’d be likely to take UNT lightly, we’d better take special precautions against that. UNT appears to be a bit tougher than normal this year!

Yes. Just like 2016. I think we can bear it better this time because it is our first 5 games, instead of game 3-7 or what it was in 2016.

If you start the count on the day of the first game and end it the day of the last game and play every Staurday, you will always play 5 games in four weeks, 4 in 3, etc because it discounts the practice time before the first game.

1 Like

I always count the days between games. So the 5 games to start our season are played within 27 days instead of 28. Not a big deal overall, but games 2-4 are played in 12 days instead of 14.

Also, we have a stretch October 12 -24 where we play 3 games in 12 days again.

We also have our bye week after UNT and another mini bye after our Thursday SMU game.

So - I guess it all comes down to depth again. If we can hold together until our bye week, we should be OK.

2011 & 2015 was slso was a lot of “it’s”…