OU game will have a lot of eyes 👀

Pulling off a win will bring us 2016-esque hype

4 Likes

I call it preseason delusion. I get it every year. Main reason i don’t gamble.

7 Likes

I love the Coogs, but I’m honestly just hoping we don’t get skunked in this one.

However, I will say this, an upset isn’t out of the realm of possibilities if everything goes right for us. New QB for OU, 1st game of the season, new offensive system for UH, very experienced UH offense, new defense for UH that isn’t on film yet. Coogs will need to start strong, hope for a few turnovers, and then hope OU panics.

11 Likes

I think Dana has a better idea of what OU will do than what OU knows about us. I just don’t know what our defense has to offer.

2 Likes

They’re gonna murder us. We aren’t even a shadow of our old selves and OU hasn’t forgotten what we did to them in 2016. That score could/should have been worse. Coogs win, we streak! lol

2 Likes

Dana has never defeated Oklahoma as a head coach.

3 Likes

Seems to me it is time for him to get his first win. #whynotnow

8 Likes

Yeah. We have a complete re-build on defense with A LOT of questions. Our realistic chance is to somehow slow them and out score them.

But, that’s why you lace them up…

1 Like

If we are competitive @ OU, then we could have a good year !

1 Like

He will this time…

4 Likes

#bouttime #dueforawin

Without question we’ll put some points on the scoreboard. The rebuild on defense, though, is a cause for concern going against a high-powered offense loaded with talent. Im really curious to see what our new DC can do to keep their offense off the field.

1 Like

from your keyboard to God’s inbox.

2 Likes

OK?

1 Like

I don’t know how we will do; I don’t even know who many of our starters will be; especially on D. Yes, I know that OU will not be taking us for granted after our last game against them, but only a few of the guys on OU then are still around.

On the other hand, our guys have a group chip on their shoulders after how last season ended and are out to prove something. I don’t think our guys are in awe or afraid of OU and I think they will do well. I think we can win, whether we will win…well, let’s just watch and see.

2 Likes

I see a similar game to what we did against tech this year maybe not as high scoring but something along the lines of 48-34 OU.
Or maybe this could be like our Louisville game in 2015.

1 Like

The Air Raid will put up plenty of points and keep us in the game. King will be a star. Although our QB is pretty good he doesn’t have anywhere near the accolades of Jalen Hurts, who is 26-2 as a starter. Norman, OK is a difficult environment to say the least. Hurts has won some big games, including the Peach Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Orange Bowl, and a couple of SEC and National Championships. UofH loses, but in a shootout.

“Oh ye of little faith and slow to believe.”

3 Likes

Always good to play OU in game 1.

1 Like

I think that Holgo will have an offensive game plan that will keep the Sooners offense off of the field as much as possible. Coogs running game has to be big in this game for that to be successful. This is going to be an interesting game to watch because it is going to give us some real insight to how Holgo is going to coach this team.