PAC needs the state of Texas (UH) BAD!

A more likely outcome is that the PAC enters into a partnership with the Big 12 for regular season games, as well as post season similar to the big 12’s agreement with the SEC.

The idea that the PAC will partner with the AAC would be great perception for the AAC but would be a blow to the PAC.

PAC isnt going to enter ANYTHING with the Big 12 once OU and Texas leave…
Texas and OU leaving is what will trigger all of this…no one anywhere has ever said anything about the PAC partnering with the AAC…after B1G makes a move, PAC likely will do something similar.Taking Houston, Tech and 2 other schools seems a likely move…

2 Likes

Agree Sam,
PAC will be around, but they are not strong right now. They have missed the Playoffs two years, and probably for the near future, they should get one team in the Final Four (we might get 4), other then gymnastics and volleyball, sports seem to be at a low on the weird coast. We will take care of the Pirate so the PAC will look worse. If we get to the FInal Four, and football is top 20 and baseball makes super regionals, we will be peaking at the right time for realignment. Our track and field is already tops in the country and golf has a great history.

Why do some of you keep insisting with the results of the PAC12? It means nothing to the advertisers. What matters most is the numbers of eye balls watching these games. The time when ratings will go down significantly is the time when the PAC12 will have to address expansion. espn & fox need the PAC12 so they will get their money. Ratings down? This is where we bring a plus to the PAC12, Just imagine if Dallas had a major public School? You can almost be sure that both U of H and this non existent public School would have been invited. Only if the Mean Green North Texas could get bigger in a hurry. ttech represents nothing for advertisers. Last time I checked they are the 145th media market…yes 145. Dallas/Ft-Worth is fifth. That is out predicament.
Can a deal be made between OU, OSU, K, KS & U of H to get in with Arkansas & Nebraska per say? At least these programs have a true following. Some might say we don’t? Where are we on the media market ranking? Yes eight. Our potential is huge and far greater.

UT-Dallas…naw, dont want another “UT or A&M school” to grow our size in this state. Now if UT Dallas can become the University of Dallas…

The University of Dallas is a Catholic university.

UT-Dallas can do anything they want academically, just don’t ever try to challenge UT-Austin in anything athletic. Austin will make very sure of that!

1 Like

The University of Dallas already exists… in Irving. It’s close to where Texas Stadium was which also wasn’t in Dallas.

On a related note, UT-Dallas is actually in Richardson which is closer to Plano than Dallas. And, the Cowboys play in Arlington and their HQ is in Frisco (formerly Irving). At least the Mavericks actually play in Dallas.

1 Like

Yeah, the DFW Airport is in How many Cities? Grand Prairie, Irving, ?, ?, ?..how can one Airport be in so many jurisdictions.

1 Like

What’s “a couple of embarrassments?”

In any event, the California law is reported to prohibit spending state money for travel to states that discriminate, a total of eight as of last year: Alabama, Kansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Dakota and Texas. There’s some interesting company to keep.

this is from this story in the san fran chron.

Texas has a law that discriminates against people according to their beliefs, that seems more puzzling to me. Texas’s law prohibits the state from contracting (doing business) with anybody or anything that “boycotts” Israel. So much for the First Amendment.

Here’s a story relating to this law in the star telegram.

My point is, we shouldn’t be throwing stone in our glass house, particularly unconstitutional stones.

5 Likes

This is thread is really close to being sent to the politics section. Can we please keep US foreign affairs out of this thread? It took me so much not to reply to you bringing up Israel which I can tell I am really going to disagree with you on. There was no reason to bring up Isreal because it has nothing to do with UH.

2 Likes

once again, the travel ban only affects two schools (UCLA, and Cal). Those two schools can use private funds.

1 Like

Well I don’t know exactly how these 2 athletic departments are funded but it seems to me that they could use donor funds or play in the Advocare bowl and get reciprocated.

Thank you for bringing to our attention.

This is turning into a political thread. Politicians like to use sports to further their agenda. At this rate we won’t have ANY public Schools related competitions. Is this where we want to go?

http://twitter.com/finebaum/status/1099054861725982722

1 Like

And we had a down year. I’m curious what the stats look like 2015-2017.

1 Like
1 Like

Because we will remain the Pac-12 “In Case of Emergency Break Glass” option until the Pac12 is absolutely certain they cannot get UT and some other Big12 member to join the Pac12. The Pac12 will not give up on luring UT to their conference until the Big12 GOR expires around 2025 and the long term fate of the Big12 future is decided.

Bingo, no one should be pretending we’re a first choice on our own. Not that’s a bad thing just when there are possibily bigger free agents out there we won’t be the first call.