Peach Bowl and American Athletic Conference Championship ring

Thank you for your continued support of Houston Football and the HTOWN Takeover!

With the 2016 Houston Football season quickly approaching, I would like to take one last opportunity to reflect on the 2015 season. It was a season that will be remembered as one of the most successful in Houston Football history that culminated with a 13-1 record and a victory over Florida State in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl.

Accomplishments such as these would not be possible without donors like yourself. Therefore, as a Cougar Pride member, we would like to extend an exclusive invitation to purchase a commemorative Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl and American Athletic Conference Championship ring. Make sure you donā€™t miss this chance to claim your piece of Houston Football history!

For more information, please click HERE for the official Jostens order form. All orders must be placed through Jostens by August 15, 2016. Jostensā€™ contact information is located on the order form. Proceeds will help support student-athletes experience at the University of Houston!

Thank you again for your support of Houston Football and our student-athletes!

Go Coogs!

Tom Herman

facebook
twitter
instagram
youtube

2 Likes

This is very cool. I will definitely get one.

Iā€™ll take 4 or 5 of the $5000 ones please :slight_smile:
Maybe I will start a kickstarter campaign so I can afford them. Feel free to donate large amounts of cash.

1 Like

When the Patriots won the SB a couple years ago I got an email about a ā€œfan ringā€. Itā€™s a neat concept, but kinda silly IMO.

If it makes money for the program, no problem.

IMO I would rather have a nice framed photo(s) with the final score, etc.

I showed it to my wife and she simply replied ā€œWhen did you make the team?ā€ LOL

I think its pretty cool and for $400 bucks not a bad keep sake.

1 Like

I canā€™t decide if I want one of these are not, I think I do. Something to put in the game room with the other coog memorabilia. It was just such an awesome seasonā€¦

I am ABSOLUTELY getting one of theseā€¦

I didnā€™t play on the team either, but it is still a nice keep sake. Lots of people who didnā€™t play on the team buy helmets & jerseys, so I donā€™t see the big deal.

Last year was a SPECIAL yearā€¦ I want as many keep sakes as I can get my hands on!!!

#GoCoogs #HtownTakeover

P.S. If it was something ā€œsillyā€ then we wouldnā€™t have received an invitation from the HEAD COACH. And BTW, make no mistake about itā€¦ this is also a fundraiser for the AD. Personally, Iā€™d like to see them sell Championship Belts also :sunglasses:

2 Likes

My birthday is this month. Just sayin.

I think championship rings are for the team and staff. Just my opinion and if anyone wants to buy one, Iā€™m sure UH gets a commision, so Iā€™m cool with it. Personally, I would feel like an imposter wearing one.

1 Like

Iā€™m kind of that same opinion but it might be cool to have one in a trophy case.

I was thinking about the rings and taxability of them. I found this article from a few years ago that makes me wonder just which rings the athletes receive. National championship rings are not as expensive as they appear | For The Win

FSU is giving their players State Championship ringsā€¦not a joke.

The Seminoles beat Florida and Miami in 2015. According to the Tallahasse Democrat, the players received the rings on Thursday and they are ā€œpersonalized with last names, and Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl on the left side, and scores for both games on the right side.ā€

The Seminoles also beat South Florida, but the poor Bulls donā€™t get to have the score of their loss to the Seminoles on the rings. Sorry USF. And, as you likely know, Florida State lost to Houston in the Peach Bowl, so part of the ring is commemorating a loss.