Pet Peeves

Sometimes I wonder if we will ever - ever - start operating an efficient ticket office. When we call, we get a recording, and then when we punch one to reach the ticket office, we are blasted with loud recordings of past plays being described. After a couple of minutes of that, a phone rings, and we get another recording, asking us to leave a name and number for them to call back! And of course when they do get around to calling us back, we will be out or busy.

Do we want to sell tickets - or not? Just answer the darn phone! Take care of business!

5 Likes

Where do I start?

They’re vs. Their vs. There
You’re vs. Your
Loose vs. Lose
Coogs vs. Cougs
Irregardless

I am almost getting used to those but the one that has climbed closer to the top is when recruits say “I just received my 100th (any number will do except 1st) offer from UH”. In my head I always jokingly think: “why did UH offer him / her 100 times? UH must really like him/her”

But that will never top my Top Pet Peeve: drivers who think they are special and can:

• wait until 100 ft before their exit before forcing their way into the line of traffic waiting
  • park in the fire lane in front of the grocery store because someone is just running into the store for a couple of things (that’s about half the people in the parking lot)
  • text and/or hold their phone for a phone call while driving 20 mph slower than when they are not.

Or, sorry, was this supposed to be only about UH football? my bad…

5 Likes

I hate it when I’m running at the track and EVERYONE is running in one/the same direction but there is always some @$$ hat who runs in the opposite direction. Follow the herd u individual douche!

3 Likes

I get you on this. Found out that it’s more of a relationship building thing with the school. Kid feels good that he got another offer, coach can promote that he has a kid that got XX number of offers, coach may keep in touch when another kid is being overlooked.

Basically, I may want a kid from this school, but I have to pay the price first (offering the top recruit). Just the way of recruiting.

I used to run on a small indoor track where it was hard to see around the corners. I always waited like 10 minutes to make sure which way people were running.

They need more employees there. Believe they just lost a few and all their interns are probably gone for the summer.

The phone call issue has been going on for the last few years. Though I generally have a good resyl5 when it comes to emails and chat with them.

I thought we hired some hot shot from Alabama to run the TO

Phone call issue has been going on for decades. Ticket office has always been understaffed.

I called earlier this week to renew my FB season tickets and left a message. Within ten minutes I received a call back and the man was very helpful.

I remember when we could call in and have the phone answered right away – because nobody was buying tickets. I like having the ticket office busy.

4 Likes

Pet Peeves? These are not in pecking order.
espn takes us for fools and do everything to keep us down.
The chron…need I say more.
The small12 that is scared of us like little girls & is afraid to invite us.
For the ones on Cougars websites that thinks a G5 can win a National Championship.
When I have to explain to the car wash employee that my car is still dirty.
Most airlines companies…need I say more?
When tips are included in your check.
Trying to get a ticket for a show/concert on line.
Fake news

Yes, I feel better now.

2 Likes

Here’s the staff directory. Go down to “Ticket Sales and Operations,” about halfway down the page.

You’ll immediately see the source of the problem.

http://www.uhcougars.com/staffdir/hou-staffdir.html

Hmmm…4:1 boss:worker ratio is concerning.

When turning left or u-turning at a median, people that stay on the left hand side. We drive on the right side of the road! And you are blocking the view when you force the other person coming opposite way to do the same! This has to be the most common driving error in Houston and probably causes many wrecks.

1 Like

When people don’t space neatly in forum posts instead you get a wall of text.
Double posting material.
Not posting in the correct thread.

People parking their grocery baskets in a parking spot instead of the cart corral.
People parking on neighborhood streets when there’s a perfectly good driveway in which to park.
Anything and everything related to UT.

2 Likes