Petition to allow fans into baseball/spring sports

Sign my petition.

“We the fans of the University of Houston baseball team would like to ask the university’s athletic department to reconsider allowing fans into the stadium for baseball and other spring sports this season. If you can have fans for football, and even indoor sports such as basketball indoors, something can be worked out for baseball. The decision to allow no fans was shortsighted, and is unfair to both the fans of this great university, as well as the athletes that represent it.”

3 Likes

Done

2 Likes

done

2 Likes

Done

1 Like

Done :white_check_mark:

1 Like

Signed!

Done

Yep.

Maybe it is more about financial impact than health concerns?

2 Likes

I’m thinking you’re right.

Security people, ticket takers, concession people, custodial people, etc. are more money than UH could expect to make from several hundred fans.

And we’ve already taken it in the pants financially–why self-impose more financial pain?

It is too bad as we’re expected to be pretty good, but ESPN+ might be a real savior for those how are big baseball fans.

3 Likes

What I am hearing it is about equal access for all spring outdoor sports which equates to finances. Still indications are that there will be some fan allowances for baseball and maybe others. Will require season tickets. No walk ups.

2 Likes

Got this text about a week ago from an anonymous source.

“ Spoke with a friend of mine today who’s a baseball alumnus. He has spoken with AD & was told there will be fans. Trying to work logistics…maybe season ticket holders only etc. Also, it’s a Title IX issue. If there’s baseball with fans there must be softball with fans & costs add up. If tickets can be purchased at game they must hire security (cause of cash on hand) which costs 75,000 for the season. That’s why it may be season ticket holders only. Go Coogs!”

3 Likes

It takes money, to make money. imo.

There appeared to be at least a few fans here and there on TV.

those were scouts behind home plate working.

the others are families of the players and coaches from both teams.

2 Likes