Pirates clubbing SMOOO

34 to 7 in second. The A Pirates instead of the B Pirates.

1 Like

You love to see it.

2 Likes

45-7 ECU at the half

2 Likes

For those who have been watching SMU this year, what has happened? They started really strong. ECU was just the opposite. I would be interested in your insight.

1 Like

Sonny Dykes interview for another head coaching job this week?

11 Likes

It just must be ECU’s day…however, SMU has been overrated all year …IMHO !!

Their significant victory was over Memphis and Memphis had to fumble late to give them that one. BTB…Memphis isn’t any good either.

3 Likes

Smooos got covid. They tried the new rectal exam on the ponies. Smoo has not recovered.

3 Likes

SMOOO turning into GLUUU

11 Likes

Well, they really didn’t start strong. They won their games, but struggled against 2-9 Texas St and lucked out against Tulane to win in OT. I told people if we had their schedule to start the season, we would have probably been 5-0 too, worst case 4-1. They have dealt with injury issues too but I have never thought they looked great this season.

3 Likes

Final score ECU 52, SMU 38

1 Like

Can we still make the conference championship?

1 Like

We can but we have to beat SMU and Memphis and Tulsa has to lose to Navy and Cincinnati. And no more cancellations.

2 Likes

Are we playing Tulsa?

2 Likes

Yes, currently scheduled for 12-19-2020.

1 Like

1 Like

Only if neither Tulsa nor UH is in the CCG that day. We need to beat SMU and Memphis with Tulsa losing to make the CCG.

2 Likes

Even then. We would have the same record as Tulsa…what’s the tie breaker?

1 Like

Here are the tie breaking rules. After reading through I don’t believe they favor us.

1 Like

We have to win out including Tulsa.

Looking at this from the AAC link above, I am not sure we will get to play Tulsa.

4.1. In order for teams to be considered in a tie-break scenario to compete in the American Athletic Conference Football Championship Game, teams must play no less than one fewer conference games than the average number of conference games played by all conference teams (rounded up/down at .50). For example, if the average number of conference games played in the 2020 season is 7.25 (value of 7 when rounded down) a team would be eligible to play in the Championship Game if that team played 6 conference games. See
Table #1.

Since the CCG is scheduled for 12/19, I think they may just cancel our game even though we would be able to go the the CCG if we would have won out and beaten Tulsa.