PLAYOFFS!

PLAYOFFS!

So IF we did have a solid team and won our games this year, we would make the CFP?
We would have had a better schedule (via #of ranked teams) than Clemson.
Note: Clemson and Bama would have less Ranked teams on their schedule.

:joy:

no.

1 Like

If Baylor goes undefeated rest of year & beats OU twice & Alabama only has the LSU loss who goes to CFB final 4?

Clemson, LSU, the Minnesota/Ohio State winner in the Big 10 championship game and Baylor.

1 Like

SEC Champ
B1G Champ
Undefeated AAC Champ
Winner of Utah/Oregon game assuming no more losses.

That’s based on how things stand as of today, barring upsets. BU has a weak schedule with SFA, UTSA, and Rice their OOC games – surely not one to impress the committee.

Utah and Oregon both have a loss. Maybe I missed your point, though.

I meant to say if winner of Utah/Oregon lost no more games that they would go. I had written Undefeated AAC champ because, if Clemson loses, they may be replaced by Bama or a one loss B1G team. Hard to say on that, but CU hasn’t been too impressive. There is still a lot of season left and upsets happen every week.

Also, if LSU wins out, but loses SEC championship game to a one loss Georgia, I think LSU still goes with Georgia and that will skew the CFP.

I see. So say Georgia and LSU both end the season with one loss (meaning LSU lost in CCG). You have both those teams in the playoff over a one loss pac 12 champ?

I have a hard time imagining Baylor gets left out if they go undefeated. Which hurts to say because I hate Baylor

1 Like

They ain’t going undefeated…but I will be rooting for them in the ut game !!!

4 Likes

Outside of the UNC game, what hasn’t been impressive about them?

They’ve won every other game by at least 14 points including every game since the UNC game by at least 31 points.

Assuming they win out, LSU is in even with a loss in the CCG.

Thread headline is wrong…should be INVITATIONAL!

Carry on.

5 Likes

While probable, that’s not a guarantee.

Clemson 13-0 ACC Champ

Ohio State 13-0 BIG Champ

Georgia 12-1 SEC Champ

Would 100% be in, in that scenario.

A 13-0 Baylor or 12-1 Oklahoma/Utah/Oregon with a CC could easily be over them as well.

1 Like

An 8 team playoff solves all the speculation.

2 Likes

How would you do it? Just add an extra game at the end in January or what?

Add an extra game. The 2 finalists play 3 games. No one else plays more than 2 extra games.

That’s the best bet, but it drags the season into mid/late January and into the next school semester, which isn’t ideal.

I’m not sure an undefeated Baylor gets in over a 1 loss LSU; Baylor’s schedule just isn’t strong and I can see the committee excluding them again.

1 Like

No undefeated Power 5 Conference Champion has ever been left out of the playoffs/invitational.

Also no 1-loss P5 Champion has ever been excluded at the expense of a non champion.

Only .2 non champs have made the playoffs (2016 OSU and 2017 Alabama). In both cases the spot they took the CC had 2 losses (2016: 11-1 OSU took 11-2 PSU’s spot and 2017: 11-1 Alabama took 11-2 OSU’s spot).