Position Rankings: Running Backs

https://swcroundup.com/news/2017/4/16/position-rankings-running-backs?utm_content=buffere2427&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Big key for the Coogs this year.

I think it is incredibly unfair to put the lack of a running game solely on the backs, as this article seems to do. Even Greg couldn’t run the ball last year. The majority of the blame for lack of running game was on the OL, not the backs. I’m very hopeful that will change this year.

It also didnt help that we didn’t have someone who could stretch the defenses at wideout or even get behind the LBs over the middle. We really missed Ayers last year as he kept defenses honest.

1 Like

Yep. Speed kills.

It wasn’t the O-line that was the problem, it was the crappy play calling. Hopefully that changes.

Think Greg’s injured shoulder after OU made it tough to make accurate throws downfield to make big plays and lift the top off of the offense. I believe UCONN showed teams how to sit in the first ten yards of scrimmage and dare us to throw it over the top lead to the offense bogging down and putting even more pressure on the running game. This should change with Allen.

1 Like

Said it once, I’ll say it again. I hope Burrell gets more carries. The kid is built like Brick but his name says he has Quick 6 potential.

1 Like