Post Game Press Conference

https://twitter.com/uhcougarfb/status/1172753579058311168?s=21

2 Likes

Is this the first press conference you’ve hosted NRG? Get some question mikes or at least an omni mike or two so you can hear the question he’s responding to. Half-assed effort, as usual.

5 Likes

It’s after midnight and he’s been indoors for the previous seven hours but he’s got his sunglasses ready to go.

Love me some “I’ve been here eight months” Dana H!

2 Likes

It was pretty nasty the number of great plays and successes that were called back by refs. They were simply too much a part of the game. Sometimes it’s just hard to overcome that.

I still enjoyed what we showed in terms of capability and style. This is gonna be great fun!

8 Likes

On NFL network they said holding calls are up 20% at the pro level. It could be a point of emphasis this year at the college level too.

Kevin Sumlin beat two top 25 teams his first year here (2008) and Tom herman beat four top 25 teams his first year (2015).

Sorry coach that sounds like an excuse.

1 Like

there is a difference between an excuse and an explanation. He has nothing to excuse himself for. I like his explanations personally. I like what I see so far.

You have a right to be a naysayer if you want. Three games into the season you have already made your decision. Comparing Vermins and Slumlins situation when they took over isn’t even relevant.

The fact you refer to the vermin as “Tom Herman” gives me clues about my theory about you

2 Likes

What is he supposed to call him?

3 Likes

I would call him Hermroid, but Lyin’ Tom would work also. Ask Ed Oliver what he thinks about Lyin’ Tom.

1 Like

You can call him anything you want. So can Ed. That doesn’t mean anyone else should.

1 Like

summie and Judas inherited WAY more talent than CDH! Thats a fact, not an excuse…

12 Likes

I can’t understand how a coach (Applewhite) that has been in football his whole life and at the highest levels was so clueless and hired a staff that has been in football for many years and leave with the cupboard so bare! IT is amazing how talent light we are.

I don’t think anyone with any insight thought we were going to Norman against a top 5 team that is three deep and win. It was actually closer than I thought considering the over-all lack of talent and depth that we have in comparison.

Against WSU, we were several penal;ties away from winning.

This year, I am going with any bowl and then the climb begins next year.

We HAVE to win at Tulane.

It is pretty easy to understand when you figure out that this isn’t true. Cupboard is not bare. Applewhite’s staff did a poor job developing the talent, especially on the defensive side of the ball. The talent is there however.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Injury update

Sprewell made his first start of the season at free safety in place of Gervarrius Owens, who was bothered by a sprained ankle throughout the week. Sprewell left the game with a stinger midway through the second quarter after injuring his right shoulder on a monster hit on Brandon Arconado. Owens replaced him in the secondary. Backup MIKE linebacker Jordan Carmouche also missed the game with an undisclosed injury. Running back Patrick Carr, who missed the first two games, made his season debut and finished with nine carries for 77 yards.

2 Likes

Sprewell really brought it on that hit! Saw some physicality from the defense that was refreshing against WSU. Good job coaches!

3 Likes

CDH said Jordan Carmouche is having shoulder surgery and is done for the year. That sucks, but at least he can red shirt this year.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1173637039604064264

1 Like

I just looked at Carmouche’s bio on the UH website and it says he received a medical RS in 2016 at SMU. If he’s already taken a medical RS, does that mean he can’t take a normal RS this year? I’m not sure about the rules.

If it was a medical redshirt, he’s allowed another redshirt season.

2 Likes