Postseason Grades for Every American Athletic Conference Basketball Team

Four teams in the NCAA tournament, conference at year-end ranked ahead of the PAC12. My predictions: Wichita St will rebound next season, Bearcats under new coach John Brannen should remain strong, and Memphis will continue to improve. What about UCONN?

1 Like

UCONN seems to have some ballers in there last two recruiting classes. I tbink they’ll be better if Hurley is any kind of coach at all.

Although UCONN had a sub 500 season, seems there was an improvement under Hurley on both ends of the floor. Maybe not a b-ball blue blood aka Duke, Kentucky, UNC, Kansas, etc. UCONN’s past 20 years have been impressive. It would be good for the AAC to see them compete next season. Assume since we played them in Hartford this past season, we’ll see the Huskies at the FC next season?

• Houston stays strong. Question will be if the defense is as good (probably not), but the offense should be better.
  • Cincy’s fate depends on if Cumberland sticks around. If not, they’re going to struggle like Wichita State did this year.
  • Memphis has a lot of talent, but coaching and youth are question marks
  • Wichita State will need to figure out its offense, but they will probably compete for a tourney spot
  • USF should be up there as they return everyone
  • UCONN should be better, but I think they’re a year away from competing for the NCAA tourney again
  • Temple is about where they always are; borderline NCAA team depending on how the season plays out
  • UCF has to replace just about everyone
  • SMU isn’t getting better under Jankovich
  • Tulsa may get worse
  • Tulane and ECU have to replace just about everyone on their rosters

cumberland gone declared for nba draft

1 Like

He can technically separate from his agent and come back from what I’ve seen. Basically doing what Armoni is doing and going through the process right now; only difference is that he has an agent while Armoni does not which means there’s a better chance that he does not return.

1 Like

Just curious Patrick…in what areas do you thing our defense may not be as good?

Guard defense; Galen and Corey were 2 of the best defenders in all of college basketball and will be tough to replace.

7 Likes

SMU just got three transfers, should help a little. I despise them, but the Ponies do always seem to play hard, even when they have 7 or 6 exhausted players on the rotation.

2 Likes

I thought if you hired an agent, your college career was over.

1 Like

Apparently not anymore.

It’s kind of like baseball where you can hire an agent as an advisor to help steer your career. However, there is a cutoff date when you can cut ties and return. Most that hire an “advisor” don’t return.

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like