Potential Grad Transfers and regular transfers

There are certainly reasons for him to come to Houston over TT but Tech is in a good place with very good selling points.

I’ll be happy to say that many recruits will like Sampson more than Beard. That Sampson has more experience and long term success than Beard. I’ll be happy to say that the city of Houston has a lot more places for a basketball player to experience than the city of Lubbock. There are definitely reasons to choose UH over TT but those are reasons we emphasize because those are reasons we can defend. For recruits, they have their own things they value and it’s just being too much of a homer to say Texas Tech has nothing more to offer all recruits regardless of their personal values.

4 Likes

and Sampson isn’t going anywhere…Beard will be gone very soon!

2 Likes

Maybe before next season. Tech should be very concerned about Shaka taking the Michigan job.

1 Like

Michigan should be very concerned about Shaka taking the Michigan job !!

9 Likes

Shaka is a really good coach. He just ended up in a crappy athletic department.

2 Likes

I dunno. Hes had 4-n-5 star talent in Texas. Sooner or later you need to blame him for their sub par seasons 🤷

3 Likes

VCU didn’t have the caliber of players that Texas pulls…and he did awesome there.

Maybe he can’t coach up entitled players.

6 Likes

That’s why i would let Memphis get those 5 stars who have one foot towards the NBA. Sometimes theyre not about the culture and team play.

3 Likes

It takes a certain level of arrogance to get through to entitled kids. Calipari, Boeheim, Wade…et al are masters at it.

2 Likes

He can’t coach bigs. He couldn’t get bigs at VCU so he came up with the all out pressing style that overwhelmed teams. At UT, he can get those guys and has changed who he was.

1 Like

He is the one who recruits and he underachieved. There are no excuses.

It’s a good thing Sampson never offered Jalen Brunson. That 5 star head case about destroyed the Villanova program.

Jahvon Quinerly was another 5-star who was a lockerroom distraction for them.

So, what’s the latest on T. Smith?

1 Like

He’s not going to visit LSU after all. That’s all I know.

Tyreek To Tech??

khalibs ‏ @ khalid_thomas7 2h2 hours ago
I’m officially re-opening my recruitment.

RJ Hampton is who they might be targeting.

They now have 2 open spots a Tech

1 Like

I thought today was the signing deadline for this year ?