Potential Grad Transfers and regular transfers

Our facilities are outstanding and so is our coach. The B12 has had a better reputation for a long time
but now with UH, UCONN and Memphis we are on a par with all of the P5 leagues.

1 Like

UCONN and Memphis have not done jack yet.

We are not on par with the big 12 who had 10 teams who could beat you. Hopefully we have 3-4 really good teams but the bottom of the league will likely still suck

1 Like

im not so sure about that…
tulane and ecu were the only 2 bad teams in the league (below top 140 teams)

tulane just got 3 very good grad transfers, also half the players that said they were transferring have decided to come back…ron hunter has proven to be a decent recruiter

and ecu’s coach (who is about to go into year 2) literally imploded the team, they forced everyone on the roster out except the best 3 players and bringing in 9 juco…he is very intent on turning ecu around…

our bottom shouldnt be as bad this year

1 Like

:sob::sob::sob:

F Big 12.

I put UH against all those overrated patsies.

2 Likes

Yeah and the conference would have lost.
Being overrated does not mean we were better.
We will have another chance prove ourselves because outside of UH none of the teams have done it recently.

What ??? Boi… Ur delusional :joy::joy::joy:

Cincy is calling BS.

Sweet Sixteen appearances the last 5 years.
AAC
Houston 2019
Wichita State 2015 (technically not an AAC appearance)

Big12
Texas Tech 2019, 2018
Kansas 2018, 2017, 2016
West Virginia 2018, 2017, 2015
Kansas State 2018
Baylor 2017
Oklahoma 2016, 2015
Iowa State 2016

The AAC is not on par with the Big12 and let’s not talk about “potential” as an argument because for every one team in the AAC that has the potential to make the Sweet 16 next year, the Big12 has two.

2 Likes

Interesting to note that UT-Austin, Oklahoma State & TCU have zero (nada) recent Sweet Sixteen appearances while Baylor has only 1 given all the $$$ they’ve been known to spend on talent procurement. Looks as though Memphis is about to blow right by UT-Austin as well by following in Baylor’s footsteps.

How many championships in the last 10 years… O :joy::joy::joy:

You realize you are on a Houston Cougar forum and acting like National Championships are all that matters right? Way to think that one through bud.

1 Like

Youre comparing one school with how many 1-2- 12-13 ??? :joy::joy::joy: ok bud, thought taken lol :skull: :eyes:

And progs strikes out swinging.

Cincinnati has routinely struggled in the tournament with the talent they have had.
We need more from them when it counts.

1 Like

I thought UCONN won a national title within the last decade.

2 Likes

Exactly :joy::joy::joy:

These gentlemen don’t know what they’re talking about. :scream::scream::stuck_out_tongue:

And UCONN just made a coaching change. As usual progs is off with his comment desperately grasping for straws. A lot has heepend in the last 10 years and we are talking about the immediate successes of the program.

Yes. UConn won a title 6 years ago. Three years before that as well before the AAC was formed. That is suppose to balance out the AAC having 1 Sweet Sixteen appearance over the last 5 years versus the Big 12 having 13 appearances?

Progs didn’t even get my point. Don’t expect him too. I think English is his third language behind jibberish and emotes.

My point on Houston having no championships, we still consider Guy Lewis one of the greatest coaches of all time with 5 final fours and no championships. I doubt there would be many Coogs that would consider us to be more of a success had we 1 national championship and no other Sweet 16 appearances.

Want to focus on just championships though? You said we were on par with “all of the P5 leagues.” The ACC has 5 championships from 4 separate teams. Are you really going to say we are on par with them because two schools had a good recruiting year? My goodness.

1 Like

Didn’t Louisville make a Final Four as an AAC member as well?

Someone verify that for me.

1 Like

Not quite. 2012-13 basketball season they were still in the Big East, won the championship and it was vacated. 2013-14 season was their only basketball season in the AAC, went to the Sweet Sixteen and it was vacated.

Also, I’m charging you 5 billable minutes for having me look it up instead of you doing it yourself.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1133905180972507137

5star guard from houston…once considered a top 5 draft pick, till recent struggles kansas

2 Likes

Wouldn’t help us this year. We really need Tevin Mack.

2 Likes