Potential OC candidates

You guys miss the whole point about Jenkins. His age was factored in with the main factor brought in that he hasn’t coached at College level in over 20+ yrs…25 I think w/o looking it up. But keep going down the road of “look at Saban”…because that’s a good comparison. Their careers have been very similar. :roll_eyes:. I give up!. Just glad some of posters on here aren’t involved in making decisions for UH. #reachingreaching

1 Like

So you went down same road with your response. Did you actually read my response. I said they may be in same age bracket but coaching abilities at this stage in their life is night n day. I won’t cont to respond to same thing over n over. Good day!

Herm Edwards was out of college coaching for even longer. :slightly_smiling_face:

There is some serious crazy talk in this thread.

1 Like

No kidding. Mouse Davis hasn’t even been mentioned yet.

2 Likes

I guess I wasn’t clear. I meant college football by “the sport” but he’s been in football I know since then.

If they want JJ as a “senior consultant” or some title like that I am 100% for it. Hiring him as an OC seems like a reach.

I’m pretty sure he was already mentioned, but I hope we look at Brian Wright. He’s pretty good.

I want David Yost from Utah St. doubt he will come though.

I believe he followed the head coach to Texas Tech to be OC. That hair alone has to be a powerful recruiting tool :joy:

1 Like

Ohio Bobcats OC has a top offense as well. But he’s been there for 13 year…

Signed, Clyde and Isaiah

With the prevalence of 7-on-7 football in Texas seems like would be some good young up and coming OC but are you willing to take chance on an unknown? If I was in CMA situation no way could i

I just hope whoever comes in doesn’t waste King’s senior year like CMD wasted Ed’s final year. With all the weapons coming back on offense, there’s no reason we shouldn’t be explosive again.

2 Likes

Agreed. Not worried about the offense next year, but 2020 leaves me terrified.

We’re not going to hire Jenkins. That’s fan talk that bears no relation to reality. Keep an eye on Jeff Lebby, QB coach at UCF. He was at Baylor and with Clements at Southeastern LA. Kevin Johns would be a good choice, but Applewhite probably will want King to be as comfortable and familiar with the offense as possible.

I’ve learned to not think more than 1 year in advance with this school because of the coaching carousel. Just easier on the emotions that way.

3 Likes

We just need someone who will let King be King and not try to turn him into something he’s not.

I like the idea of the players having a physical playbook again as well. It always helps having tangible reference points when trying to correct your mistakes.

IT DOESN’T MATTER WHO THE CANDIDATES ARE …

Our HCs and OCs is like watching Ground Hog Day … it repeats ad infinitum!!! …

Get a good one and he is GWTW in two years …

get a bad one and we are fighting on the board because we can’t get rid of him soon enough …

Its been this way since the Helton/Dana Dismal days were over …

and UNTIL we get out of this croaky AAC conf then we will be waking up like Bill Murray repeating the same day over and over again …

2 Likes

We’re not getting out of this conference…stop whinning.

1 Like