Prayers to our armed forces, allies and the ones that helped us

I won’t take the bait and respond to those qualifying this thread that I indeed opened.

The deadline not extended is terrible news. There has been multiple reports that American citizens are hunkered down with no real way out. This is why you are watching/hearing reports of retired military personal going into Afghanistan and allies troops trying to help rescue them and their own nationals.

I wonder how many of those are actually Americans though?

Another thing I wonder about is the future of Cricket in Afghanistan.

Afghanistan’s cricket team has become a global Top 15 power, has earned full membership in the ICC, and qualified for the T20 World Cup.

I’m guessing that that progress will all be for not.

Taliban 1.0 banned kite flying, chess, checkers, etc.

I can only imagine what Taliban 2.0 will do.

Well hell just get all the cricket players out Afghanistan and relocate them to Hempstead where they built the largest cricket complex in Texas. They will be in heaven.

This has the world so screwed that I am agreeing with CNN for gosh sakes:

In other news, the famed champion Afghan girls robotics team was just given refuge in Mexico.

If, by that, you mean reports of “retired military” hired by mercenary company entrepreneur Erik Prince (of Blackwater fame) and the like, then I wouldn’t try to praise it.

Last I checked, he’s offering slots on a privately chartered plane out of Afghanistan for money.

One thing’s for sure…if you think that the USA is having a hard time managing COVID…just imagine what it is going to be like in Afghanistan under the Taliban!

See here.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/taliban-takeover-could-drive-covid-crisis-in-afghanistan-as-vaccinations-plummet-un-warns/ar-AANJXrt?li=BBnb7Kz

Maybe Chris can start a prayer thread for it.

2 Likes

Now you just messed up. Law97 had 3 consecutive post n had to wait b4 posting again. Now here comes 3 more from him from the Taliban Tribune. :grin:

EVIL BASTARDS!!!

And in the middle of a humanitarian airlift with women, children, etc involved.

It is now ground zero for these animals. Plus we have cemented in their minds we can be beaten. We really F’d up.

What did you expect?
It is even more important now that we keep them in our thoughts.
Our American and allied forces trying their best with the task at hand are heroes. They need all our support.

The wife and child of one of my local interpreters (who is now living in the USA) were at that gate.

Fortunately they were unharmed.

1 Like

11 marines killed in Afghanistan

This withdrawal/abandonment/retreat was so poorly prepared that some of our soldiers did not have time to put on their boots are grab their rucksacks. Watch some of the videos. Some of our boys are wearing tennis shoes and haven’t changed their clothes for four days.

Reported that this was done my ISIS-K against the Taliban. Looks like when we leave, they’ll duke it out to the finish. Hopefully they’ll take each other out.

Latest count is 12 US servicemembers killed and 15 wounded.

I saw one report that said that 43 civilians were killed and over 120 wounded.

I’m guessing that those numbers will rise over the next several hours.

Prior to today, we hadn’t had a military KIA in Afghanistan since Feb 2020.

Not funny.

You can be po’d at the utter incompetence or you can use satire.

1 Like