Pregame Thread; Coogs vs Tortilla Tossers

Let the fun begin…

4 Likes

Im going…flight is early fri morning.

no excuses not to win next week either. tech is starting a freshman qb.

2 Likes

Driving my up Friday. Catching a concert at the Cactus Theatre Friday night. Saturday is Windmill Museum, Glider Museum, UHAA Tailgate and then a Tortilla Roasting as the coup de gras. If all goes well, the Sunday ride home won’t seem so long. :joy:

3 Likes

Let’s be the reason ol’ Kliffy loses his job

3 Likes

There is serious concern on the Tech message board about this game now. They were writing it off as an auto win, but after seeing what we did to Arizona… They think a loss might be the nail in his coffin, but most believe it won’t happen till the end of the year because he is an alum.

4 Likes

Two of us driving up Friday morning. Go Coogs…

1 Like

I expect it to be a good game. In state rivalry with with a history of upsets and close games. Former UH coach now head coach at TT. Former UT QB now Head Coach at UH. Beats the hell out of playing Memphis, Temple, South Florida, etc.

2 Likes

ESPN give us a 23 percent chance at winning. lol?

2 Likes

I like those odds. Keep sleeping on this team!

1 Like

I’m certainly counting on UH winning and this being the nail in Kingsbury’s coffin. We’ll need him for OC next season. :smirk:

1 Like

Im scared of them they have a physical front and a pocket passer. If theres a blueprint to beat us, its that type of team

1 Like

What’s the over/under going to be…more than 100? I’d take the over!

Line is out UH +2.5.
O/U not set yet.

No we don’t briles is not going anywhere

I just posted an explanation in the D’Eriq King thread, but I’m really not worried in the least about Tech. Before the season started I was, but through 2 weeks I’ve grown a lot in confidence. Call me naive or too simplistic, but I think our defense is way better than what Ole Miss has shown this year and even with Gibbs’ craftiness, I just don’t see how Tech’s defense is going to stop our offense from scoring unless we turn the ball over a ton. I haven’t seen much through 2 games this year that would suggest our offense is going to be prone to turnovers in large numbers. I think this game will look a lot like our game against Arizona, except it may not be completely out of hand by half time. I think we win this one easily.

My prediction: 55 - 27 Coogs.

By the way, I was worried about the heat in Lubbock for a 3pm game, but the weekend forecast is calling for a high of 86 on Saturday with a “real feel” of 89 and only a 10% chance of rain. Sounds like perfect weather for an all out offensive assault. Really looking forward to it.

6 Likes

Have they given a status on their starting QB that hurt his back vs. Ole Miss and was held out vs. Lamar?

i don’t think our defense will limit them to 27. it will be a high scoring shootout IMO.

nope. Applewhite said he is preparing for him as in case he plays. i think bowman will start and we have to take advantage of that.

I thought the same thing vs. Arizona – a shootout until the end. Let’s hope the Coogs pitch another first half shutout in Lubbock.

I think it will go about the same as Arizona game except Tech will score some. We will just score much more.

will be fine if come out of the gate on fire. Otherwise, could be real trouble

1 Like