Pregame Thread: Houston at Oklahoma (Sunday 9/1 6:30PM on ABC)

Thanks to Applewhite, we’ve regressed back to a middleweight…but we’ll get back there.

1 Like

Smoke will be 6 plus ft and 195 to 200 lbs by his redshirt freshman yr look out after that. Scary. In a good way.

I wonder why he didn’t get more offers. I’m not complaining. I watched his junior year highlights on Hudl and he looked OK. Seemed like a big fish in a small pond. He does cut well and has pretty good speed.

2 Likes

247 says his 40 time is 4.96. Ed OLIVER is faster. This might explain why he didn’t have many offers.

1 Like

Hmmm. Maybe he had a bad start, a slip or something. I don’t think UH or Florida would offer an RB a scholly with a legit 4.96 40. Plus to call a kid that slow “Smoke”, is just cruel. So I would bet he’s faster.

2 Likes

Sarcasm?

He certainly looks faster than that on film.

CDH has been cloak & dagger enough about everything that I wont rule anything out. But there’s no way he’s beating 2 seniors and a grad transfer this staff brought in. He’s 3 star who was rated in the middle of a transition class.

Will be interested to see how Brown does when the competitions a bit more open next spring tho.

Also who’s going up to norman?

Could be a typo.

1 Like

2 months left until kickoff

IM PUMPED

2 Likes

I watched some of the Smoke videos and I think he had one run of about 15 - 20 yards and the rest 10 or less. He was being caught from behind when he looked like he could make a long run. I am sure CDH saw more than I, and I don’t know what CDH has planned for the young man, so I will just reserve my opinion until I see him play for UH.

2 Likes

We need a big fast running back. Makes short yardage situations easier.

1 Like

An o-line that can push people can make a small slow back successful.

4 Likes

Bought tickets yesterday!

3 Likes

Are there any 7-11s in Oklahoma?

2 Likes

Yeah, but it’s called 7-8:30

5 Likes

We also have Kelan Walker .

…or for today’s kids, Buckees???

Johnny, we are only interested in the 7-11’s in the greater Dallas area…

3 Likes

OK but I thought that included Oklahoma :smirk:

5 Likes