Pregame Thread: Temple 6pm Saturday on CBSSports

I haven’t watched them in depth enough this year. Do they have DBs who can run with our receivers, especially Marquez?

I don’t think they can hold him in check consistently because their safeties have allowed teams to get chunks of yards on crossing routes and posts (his bread and butter). I think Corbin and Stevenson can hurt them with a sluggo and post on the same side. I haven’t see us do that combo but I think we could score off of something like that. I think Briles will find a way to exploit their safeties. But a lot of the underneath stuff might not be available this game. They’re in the area when the ball gets to the WR. Just what I got out of watching them.

1 Like

C Smith is too oversized to me right now. So was Birden but he was tougher to bring down. C Smith you get an arm on him he’s down. If he’s healthy I wonder why Kevrin Justice isn’t 4 on the depth chart. He’s had some good moments and is a more prototypical RB.

1 Like

Guessing he may not be healthy. Justice had been 4th on the depth chart most of the year.

1 Like

I think it is personal. I looked on his bio and it hinted that CMA is not sure about him:

Personal: Major is undecided.

:thinking:
:stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

On injuries to center Matt Hennessy, running back Ryquell Armstead, and receiver Randle Jones that didn’t allow them to finish Thursday’s game:

“I think this year I have been a little more free with what I talked about with injuries. I am not going to do that. There were times in the game the opposing team knows where the injury is, knows where the vulnerability is, and I think there are times that part of the body might be tackled a little harder or something like that, so I am not discussing that.”

https://twitter.com/TU_SportsDesk/status/1059855841975767043

https://twitter.com/UHCougarPride/status/1059850648810741762

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/UHCougarFB/status/1059852914615836674

This is Wednesday night of the Temple game week and it is also our home coming game yet there is no post at all about it. Seems everyone is too worried about a possible new DC next year and if we still have a chance at a NY6 invite. If the team is as worried about stupid stuff like that then we will lose.

1 Like

Maybe.

What do you think they were worried about last week ?

1 Like

Temple. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The Coogs better not take this Temple team lightly or they will lose. This figures to be a very high scoring game. I expect every UH game to be high-scoring much like I did in the Briles/Sumlin eras. High octane offense with little resistance on defense.

1 Like

So take the Over [69]? I think that is a solid recommendation.

Student section sold out?

I watched Temple play UCF.

Color me impressed.

If we play like we did against SMU you can put up an “L”.

1 Like

I hope temple don’t take us lightly after watching SMU game film.

2 Likes

I’m worry about this game. Russo is dam good QB he might pick part our awful defense.

1 Like

If we can play defense as we did against ECU and USF we will be ok. We need to bring blitzes as we did in those games.

1 Like