Preseason TRFI Rankings - Women are 15th, Men are... 68th

Good to see the women so high. The men will start at 68! That is what happens when you lose so many key seniors. Not sure if there has ever been a team who falls from 2nd to 68th. We will see how much the staff has coached up the young guys and how much of an impact the juco/transfers will be.

1 Like

68th is laughable. I have us with 30 pts. just on multi’s(5th),L.J.(2nd),T.J.)8TH,P.V.(6TH),400H(5th),4x400(5th). I went under on a couple of them. Not counting 100,200,400,4x100,which are usually our bread and butter. Yes I’m being a homet, but 68, come on . This will be a great year for our program. Will have 20 plus UH athletes and former athletes this summer in the Olympic trials. I urge all Cougars to come support them at the meets, syarting next week. Go Coogs.

1 Like

This is for indoors only. Their ranking system doesn’t evaluate anything other than the numbers they have on paper from last year’s indoor season. Just off the meet up at Aggie last month, both Ware and Alexander should have been in the top 35 for 60m. Collins should be on that 60m list too, not sure why his times didn’t get added. Frederick Lewis will probably be a low 46 400 guy this year based off of his summer US U20 performance so he is another who is probably top 25 right now.

By the end of the month we should be at least in the top 20.

1 Like