Put up or shut up time for Holgorsen

Applewhite started 7-1 last year with a healthy King and basically the same overall offensive players we have this year. Obviously king and others got hurt, we lost some games and he got fired. The two best teams are behind us (UCF is right there also). Our coaches need to start rattling off a bunch of wins starting Thursday. Less than 8 wins will be a big disappointment based on our overall offensive talent.

6 Likes

Stop whinning. It is what it is.

19 Likes

Hug your loved ones, the sun will rise tomorrow and we are going to be just fine.

14 Likes

We were down by 11 to the number 4 team in the nation before a garbage towns and were leading the number 20 team for 50% of the game. We have a bright future ahead of us and will get better with each recruiting class. We will be fine.

29 Likes

Touchdown*

1 Like

We had some chances, they were bigger, faster and stronger. Step back from the ledge.

8 Likes

It’s meltdown central. lol

1 Like

It took Coach Sampson 4 years to finally have his program up and running :fire::fire::fire:
If that’s any consolation.

13 Likes

Sampson inherited maybe the worst program in all of college basketball.

Dana inherited a top 5 offense. Not really an apples to apples comparison there.

6 Likes

Inherited a hell of an project on defense though

10 Likes

Though Sampson is an impressive coach, it takes way less time to fix a basketball program. You literally just need one player to make a huge difference.

1 Like

Exactly. It was the worst division 1 program 5 years ago. No joke, accurate. Btw, it was a tongue and cheek comment :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

That gave us every chance to win. Offense did squat. I thought that was Dana’s calling card?

2 Likes

FWIW that 7-1 start wasn’t exactly murders row. Excluding Tx Southern, those teams we beat went a combined 28-59 lol
I’m not exactly disagreeing w/ you because the offense has not been as good obviously and King looks like a different player in this system

5 Likes

I do agree with this. But Sampson is head and shoulders a better coach than Dana. We really shouldn’t be even debating that.

4 Likes

Applewhite started 7-1 last year with a healthy King and basically the same overall offensive players we have this year. Obviously king and others got hurt, we lost some games and he got fired. The two best teams are behind us (UCF is right there also). Our coaches need to start rattling off a bunch of wins starting Thursday. Less than 8 wins will be a big disappointment based on our overall offensive talent.

Oh yes. 7-1. Let’s see.
Against:
2-11 Rice
5-7 Arizona
5-7 Tech (a loss for us)
2-9 tsu
3-9 Tulsa
3-9 ECU
3-10 Navy
7-6 USF (the only really respectable win in that stretch)

That was a real murderers row! That starting schedule and starting against #4 and #20 are definitely comparable! end sarcasm

34 Likes

This is true.

Huh ??? Lol. Boi… You know this ain’t the NBA, and we ain’t got a James Harden type of talent that gets drafted to the NBA.

I’m not. That was the Junior’s case and point. :joy:

lol That’s it. I’m calling your RA. Lights out!

No we don’t but how many players can you recruit to a basketball program? How many players play at one time on the court? Now compare that to football with the increase of variables and potential mistakes. Then factor in strength and conditioning, the physical part of the game, and the 20 times more plays ran. You can do like Penny is doing at Memphis and seriously go from zero to hero in one year! Football is exponentially harder to build than basketball.

1 Like