QB depth after this signing

With 2 years left to play at UH, none of us really yet know just how good (or not so good) that QB Tune is or will become. That’s really the point. Spring drills are next up… Competition is good…

3 Likes

Ok, so I might have taken a bit of an interpretive license. But I take it that I got the gist.

Yes you did. Good concise recap CraftyCoog.

The QB position is now greatly improved vs 2020.

We need 1 more for depth.

1 Like

Thank you.

The guy or at least the type of guy you want is, currently and maybe shortly, playing for the Texans . . . . . but he is out of eligibility. Maybe there is another like him just waiting to get beat down by d-lines that overwhelm our o-line . . . . .

1 Like

Good? Sorry. Below average

1 Like

So funny when people find it easier to pin the blame all on Tune. I understand it’s easier for some to do that but that’s not how football works. Every lineman blocking for Tune also has reads to make and his own technique to work on EVERY SINGLE SNAP. When things breakdown, that’s usually not only on the QB. Every QB in America would look good If guys knew how to beat zone consistently and Offensive Linemen could win their battles more than 50% of the time.

Some of you quite frankly don’t know football and it shows. Back off of Tune and go sign up to be OL coaches because you clearly know what takes to get a OL unit working efficiently.

4 Likes

Tune wasn’t throwing for 500+ yards in a game. Please don’t ever compare Tune to Mahomes. Even at the college level

1 Like

If you want to compare them three stats needed TD-INT-To’s for soph and jr seasons

Sure, we will be able do this next December after Tune has completed his Junior season at UH - which barring injury will be his 1st full 10+ game season playing FB at UH.

[Reminder #1 - the TD-Int-To stats for a team’s QB are affected by the other 10 players on the field with their QB. And QB stats alone don’t win any games, but rather out scoring your opponent still does.]

[Reminder #2 - Mahones was 3-6 in the Big 12 in his Junior season at Texas Tech. So, by comparison, I’m interested to see what Tune’s record will be in his upcoming Junior season at UH.]

What good does that do for you if you’re losing most of your games?

Wait a minute, who are you - Kendal Briles?

1 Like

Tune can still be a very good qb. He needs to cutback on the bad decisions he makes 1-3 times a game. A year experience and a better OL could be all it takes.

3 Likes

When Tune wins the Heisman this upcoming season, some of you are going to look foolish.
Did I really just type that out loud?

4 Likes

He would have to transfer to a P5 school…

@WoodMarkCos you’re a great poster, but i dont get the mental gymnastics you are doing to support tune…
mahomes had scary elite stats in college…we are talking 5000yds passing 41tds to 10ints, 65% completion rate… ELITE level stats… tune’s stats are nowhere comparable… you want to remove all context and say they were similar because of the record and “we’d say he is bad”… which makes no sense, you are acting like no one here understands nuance, if tune had those stats and we were still losing, we’d be having threads about why the defense was so bad (techs defense horrendous)-- like we did in 2018

also you keep making points about “tune is going into his junior year” we’ll compare his junior stats to others…getting a 5th year doesnt erase a year, it gives you an extra year …stop trying to erase years…it makes your points seem manipulated and bad…

if you think tune will be good, just say you think tune will be good without the mental gymnastics …tune and mahomes were not similar

1 Like

It shows that you are playing good enough to win games. That’s the difference, it’s a team sport but you can at least do your part, and do everything you can to help your team win. Mahomes was doing that. Tune is not. It is not that difficult to understand. Half of the games we played last year, Tune gave up a TD to the other team.

1 Like

Again, Mahomes was 3-6 in the Big 12 conference in his junior season at Texas Tech. This next season, we should all be interested in seeing Tune’s improvement during his junior season at UH in the AAC.

It could become quite interesting if Tune has a breakout junior season at UH (in 2021) and then he grad transfers (like King) into a P5 program for his senior season (in 2022).

Everyone will like Tune’s performances far better if we can get that OL to provide him much better protection and time.

The college version of Mahomes wouldn’t look that goid behind our OL these past couple of.years either. It all starts up front and goes from there.

1 Like

I wish you were right. Unfortunarely, I have serious doubts.

1 Like