Quentin Grimes (Update: Houston)

https://twitter.com/irv_roland/status/1144368721114345472

Harden’s trainer and former Rockets asst

11 Likes

Big boom

3 Likes

Not trying to be a Debbie downer because this is a huge get for Us, but is there any chance he’s try’s to go pro Overseas if he doesn’t get the waiver approved?

Welcome Quentin to our Houston Intergalactic Basketball University ! This is where it gets fun for you as part of our family !
Go Q! …Go Coogs !

4 Likes

He declared for the NBA draft after an underwhelming freshman season. He knew if he transferred there was a high probability he would sit out. He’s applying for the waiver but I imagine he’s coming here to have Sampson help him grow as a player. If he has a strong year 2, whether its this season or the following (if the waiver doesn’t come through), then higher probability he goes pro

4 Likes

Just another reminder that we are a Jordan Brand school and Texas A&M is not a Jordan Brand school. Must be tough for them. #sorrynotsorry

9 Likes

5 Likes

I’m not crazy about the one and done thing but it’s a sign that we have arrived along side the big boys.

4 Likes

I’ve been saying this to football recruits for a looooong time! Why go to a school that won’t appreciate you and more than likely has 60 other top-rated players that cause you to be a bench player where your development will be retarded? The same applies to basketball players!

5 Likes

If his waiver does get approved is it safe to say we’d be preseason top 15?

2 Likes

It’s scrolling at bottom on Espn, looks great, McDonald’s all American transferring from Kansas to Houston!

6 Likes

"If Cougars head coach Kelvin Sampson is able to work with Grimes and unlock his talent, Houston will have a potential superstar on its hands for at least one season.

9 Likes

Brand development.

2 Likes

Corey, Corey’s mom(!), and DeMarcus Ayers amongst those offering QG congrats on the Twitter.

8 Likes

Wow this is big! I hope he gets a waiver. If so we should go 9-10 deep again in our rotation!

4 Likes

Have my popcorn in the microwave and heading over to TexAgs to read the rationalizations and excuses.

13 Likes

Give us a report later this evening.

1 Like

Yes, I am anxious to see what wide receiver position they believe
he plays :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Final Four would be nice!

4 Likes

Sounds about right!!!

1 Like