Quinten Dormady Transfer to Central Michigan

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1072518095938424833

1 Like

Will not play in the bowl game.

Looks like Tune will get the start. Makes sense too unless Bryson has been preparing.

Who’s the backup if Bryson is out? J Williams or the walk-on Ogubuka?

Holly crap. Bryson is hurt?

Bryson was listed out for the season with hamstring injury, but I didn’t know if it was semantics or he was available for bowl game.

1 Like

100% wildcat with Oak Ridge Stuard! Just try and stop it, Army.

6 Likes

I hope he’s healthy. We need all hands on deck for this one.

It happened to Art Briles in his very last game at Baylor against UNC in a bowl game at Orlando …

He lost all his QBs to injury in the game and played only his RBs running the old wing-T and won the game … the tarheels just could not defend that old formation … it was basically the option without the QB handoff

1 Like

Tune did a good job against memphis. He didn’t lose the game. It was the fact we literally had a scout team Dline is what did us in.

That kid will have a Ph.D before he’s done playing.

3 Likes

I think we actually had his wing T QB from that day on the roster in 2016 as a TE, I believe he transferred in after the poo hit the fan in Waco.

The least amount of yards that play has generated is five. I don’t see the problem here. Go play Armys game, preserve Tune’s redshirt, and let the O line have some fun.

1 Like

Who in their right mind is worried about Tune red-shirting so he can what - play for 5 different OC’s during his stay at UH? Let the best man available play the game. Next man up.

3 Likes

Exactly. Get in there and win it Mr Tune.

1 Like

The only thing standing in his way of starting was D’Eriq King, and it turns out he had himself and exceptional fall camp. Meanwhile, Dormady wasn’t even 100 percent healthy.

Dormady’s father, Mike, said not having any prep for a new offense held his son back when competing for the starting job in fall camp.

The answer, for everyone on Houston’s staff, was simple.

Start D’Eriq King.

“We had several talks – D’Eriq was playing at too high of a level,” Briles said. “It’s well documented. We weren’t able to take him off the field because of the way he was playing.”

1 Like

I can’t believe a coach in that story compared Dormady to Tom Brady and presumably kept a straight face.

3 Likes

Right, and if he was so great why didn’t he pass up King or Tune?

2 Likes

Right or wrong, any time hear dads yapping about their kid have flashbacks to daddyball. Prepare the kid, don’t prepare the path

4 Likes

If Bryson wasn’t healthy we should have made QD start vs Army. He still would have preserved the redshirt to transfer. Otherwise why did we give this guy a scholarship at all for a year? He’s a good kid who wants to play he would have done it.

2 Likes