PLEASE EXCUSE THE RAMBLENS OF THIS OLD COOG. WHEN I READ
THAT IT WAS GOING TO TAKE 18 MONTHS TO REMOLDAL THE BASKET
BALL AREANA I WAS SCHOCKED. THIS JOB SHOULD NOT TAKE THAT
AMOUNT OF TIME. NOW ITS REPORTED IT WILL TAKE LONGER. WHO
IS THE CONTRACTOR ???
I’VE BEEN A COOG SINCE 1954. I HAVE SEEN MANY HIGHS AND LOWS
FOR OUR COOGS.OUR ATTENDENCE WILL DRAG US DOWN. 24-6 FOR
OUR BASKETBALL TEAM THAT WE RECOGNIZE 4 SRS WHO HAVE DONE
A GREAT JOB. WE CANNOT FILL UP A SMALL STADIUM.
HEY WE ARE DOING BETTER IN FOOTBALL ATTENDANCE BUT STILL WAY
UNDER 40,000. WHEN BIGGER CONFERENCES LOOK AT US THEY HAVE
TO WONDER IF WE ARE REALLY A TOP TEAR COLLEDGE. PAC 12 WITH
NOT ONE SCHOOL WITHIN 1000 MILES HAS TO LOOK AT US AND HOW
WILL WE HELP THE PAC 12.SMALL ATT AT FOOTBALL AND BAD ATT. AT
BASKETBALL.
IF WE ARE TO IMPROVE THE BIG 12 WOULD IMPROVE ATT. BUT BECAUSE
OF THE BIG 12 TEAMS, NOT FROM UH FANS ALTOGETHER. BUT IF NOTHING
CHANGES FOLKS THEY DON’T WANT US. SCARED, TO GOOD OF RECRUITING
AREA, POOR ATT. WHATEVER. HOW DO WE GET INTO THE BIG 12. I DON’T
KNOW. BUT IN MY OLD FEEBLE MIND ITS THE PLACE WE NEED TO BE.

2 Likes

Simple truth is that UH is not getting into the Big 12 unless UT and OU and maybe some others leave first.

When OU and UT leave the B12 it will not be worth joining because the tv money will be cut to maybe what we get. The B12 will be no better than the AAC.

when they leave then TCU, Baylor and Texas Tech will become part of the AAC elevating it to a power 5 level. My dream I admit.

2 Likes

When the B12 dies the P conferences and ESPN will move to the P4 format with 4 16 team conferences. I just don’t believe that ESPN will pay major money to a league that does not have a national rep anchor team and in the B12 that is UT and OU. to make the 4 conference model work the ACC, SEC, and BIG will need to add 2 each and the PAC will need to add 4. ESPN need the 64 teams to make their college football system work. What I see happening is the SEC will take OU and OSU, BIG will take KU and maybe TU. ACC will get ND and maybe UConn or Navy. The PAC could go UH, TT, KSt, and maybe New Mexico. If OU and OSU don’t go to the SEC then the PAC could add OU, OSt, TT and UH. I know there are a lot of other ways that this can shake out with some being good for UH and some bad.

It’s a crying shame that a TV network could screw up college football by playing on the greed of AD’s and college presidents.

4 Likes