Ranking Every College Stadium in Texas

Found this article from about a year ago on an A&M website ranking every college stadium in Texas. 32 of them. TDECU is ranked #7.

Personally, I think the Sun Bowl is ranked too high and Rice Stadium too low.

1 Like

Thx for posting! Surprised that SMU’s stadium has that much capacity (32K). I really enjoy attending games at both TDECU and the FC. My only gripe is that I can already see some wear and tear at both facilities and wish there was better maintenance and upkeep. I understand it costs $$$.

2 Likes

Rice Stadium is rated too low. Sight lines are great, especially for a stadium built more than 60 years ago. Prairie View’s stadium is quite nice and on occasion has hosted high school playoff games.

Rice’s sight lines are good, but it’s too old. Hell, the last time I was there, the bathrooms were still like cattle troughs.

1 Like

Pretty good list. Good justifications too. Although, I would certainly flip-flop tdecu and ford stadium. There are a lot of decent stadiums here I was unaware of.

LOL at the new ut expansion looking like a uterus. :laughing:

2 Likes

I have to say that, based on the photos, UHMB appears to have about the nicest Division III stadium I’ve ever seen!

TDECU should be ranked ahead of TCU and SMU, BTW.

1 Like

The two high school stadiums in Katy are larger than 17 of the 32 college stadiums on that list – and nicer than most.

2 Likes

I think the Cy Fair FCU stadium would make the top 15. The new tomball one out off cypress rose hill and 99 would as well.

2 Likes

The tomball one is NICE!!!

Smoo stadium being 6 is strange. Been there a few times and it doesn’t do anything for me.

3 Likes

Hell, Katy’s Merrill Center has a larger seating capacity than some Division I basketball venues!

2 Likes

Not sure if the list below is still accurate (2017). Also, surprised that not one of the smaller universities in San Antonio play in Alamo Stadium.

I went to the last UH at Rice FB game as well (2018?). Kind of a cool experience, but Rice Stadium needs some TLC in my opinion. Similar memory stuck with me, the men’s urinals seemed right out of the 1960s.

I am not a huge fan of the XFL, USFL, AAF, etc., but I do like the idea of TDECU generating revenue and receiving upgrades as a potential home field for a Houston-area spring pro football team.

I like the SMU stadium, but I like TDECU better.

2 Likes

Any stadium with a track gets rated in the bottom tier unless they have raucous fans, which is highly unlikely. UH > Tech football. I agree.

Tech’s stadium doesn’t have a track

1 Like

TCU should be last. The general population stands at a penal colony don’t make a stadium.

I swear that campus makes me think of One Flew over the Cukoo’s Nest.

I’m pretty good with the list, I would move Baylor and TCU down a couple of notches. I like the look of Crusader at UMHB. Bobcat at Southwest Texas State (had to show my age) My love for The Piney Woods of East Texas might make for a good road trip to watch a night game at East Texas Baptist.

1 Like