Raylen Sharpe

His HUDL film is impressive. He is (sub 4.4), with really good moves and vision, and has a pretty good arm. He had a couple of throws on the money at 50+ yds in the air

1 Like

Still not seeing anything on the dreaded Rival site, go figure. I like the earlier reference to Patrick Edwards. One thing that you can’t coach is God Given Speed. Quickness and speed equates to some serious Y.A.C If Massoud turns out to be as good as I think he will be, lookout for some serious over “fiddy” yard pass, catch and runs! GO COOGS, EATEMUP

1 Like

According to the Dallas MN, he ran a 4.36 at a TCU camp.

1 Like

I live in Plano
 almost in Allen, welcome to Cougar Country!

I don’t know how any serious track and field athlete can walk into an office with Carl Lewis, Leroy Burrell and Telez and have them share a vision, show them our world class facilities and the recent success of the program and say NO.

4 Likes

So if he is both track and football, does he stop track when spring ball starts and pick it up again when spring ball ends?

Is Sharpe coming in to play RB or receiver?

Reviewing the video, Sharpe reminds me of a Vincent Marshall / Tyron Carrier type of athlete. Fast, mobile, shifty, good field vision and instincts much like Marshall/Carrier.

At 5-8", I doubt we’ll see him as a QB. If he decides to run track only, then he has the potential of becoming a world class T&F athlete.

3 Likes

Yeah, sorry, I meant RB

My guess is no.

But I’m sure the coaches will work something out. They probably worked together to convince him to come here, so a plan is probably already in place, IMO.

Figuring here, that with his frame he is more suited to WR

He reminds me of Anthony Alridge.

Oops, had a senior moment there, thanks to Goose for correcting me.

Do you mean Anthony Alridge, RB, 2004-2007?

2 Likes

Hope so because Allen Aldridge played with defense on our R&S teams as a LB and is current head coach at Bush High School.

Yep, that’s the guy. I claim I was hacked by the Russians trying to influence the boards. Sometimes the names run together over the years.

I will say I remembered an 80 or so yard TD run against SMU, but my head may be in the cloud. Isn’t everything in the cloud now?

3 Likes

Tom Hanks had that in “Joe Versus the Volcano” but given his bent, there may be a Russian connection
 or Ukraine, or Chinese

I remember two big runs against SMU (were they both 78yds?). At least one of them I swear he was running Olympic type speed if you looked at the distance and the clock. I’m sure there’s YouTube video somewhere

Has UH had that type of speed since Alridge?

He was so quick they nicknamed him “quick six”. I haven’t seen a running back that fast since. Anyone remember what he was timed at?

1 Like

4.36 forty at the Combine.

We had a WR (pretty sure it was EJ Smith) sit with us at one of the kickoff luncheons. He said Alridge was visiting the team after graduating wearing jeans and Polo boots and raced Patrick Edwards. Alridge won.

That dude was FAST!