Raymund Paredes, Texas' Higher Education Commissioner, Will Step Down Aug. 31

# Raymund Paredes, Texas’ Higher Education Commissioner, Will Step Down Aug. 31

“I’m resigning, I’m stepping down, I’m not retiring, I hope to remain active in higher education” in the state, Paredes said. His departure at the end of August will allow him to “make it through the session and do some of the follow up work that we always have to do.”

“I think it’s time for new blood, I think it’s time for new perspectives and I’ve enjoyed this position enormously,” Paredes said.

He described his reason for departure as a “feeling it’s time to go,” saying he told a colleague “you know it’s getting close to the end when you talk to members of the Legislature and they all know the punch lines to your jokes.”

Interesting. Paredes is a Horn, but has helped UH in some areas.

However, this could be an opportunity for UH to get someone that assist them even more.

2 Likes

Any ideas of a potential UH favorable candidate? Other than our current president.

Our president isn’t going anywhere.

Welcome Wilson Jr would be a great choice.

Ricky Raven, who’s also on the Texas Board of Higher Education would also be a solid choice.

Not a UT grad (Notre Dame and Georgetown alum), but a UT administrator.

Keller, who previously served as UT-Austin President Gregory L. Fenves’ deputy for strategy and policy, will succeed Raymund Paredes as commissioner and officially begin his duties on Oct. 1, according to a release. The board launched a national search after Paredes announced he was resigning after 15 years.

Same thing Patrick. Sons of #$%#es
This shows everyone how the Texas education works. It is as corrupt as it can be. You can be sure ut Houston is not dead.