Realignment speculation

Let me help you out. We are not getting into a P5. But its fun to dream.

2 Likes

As I see it, the only way we do not move up to P5 is if UT and OU stay put in the B12. If they move the B12 is dead and there will be a scramble for the surviving 4 to go to 16. The moneyed conferences need at least 64 teams to maintain there voting power in the ncaa.

P4 or bust!!!

2 Likes

You are Assuming the current P5 don’t breakaway from the NCAA.

Also, assuming all current P5 find homes in P4 and Notre Dame joins the ACC as full member, you get 65 members already, which means 1 current P5 program gets left out.

The only way UH gets in is if at least 2 current P5 programs get left out. Again it will come down to the Big 12. Will they dump 2 programs? I don’t think any other P5 will dump their programs.

And if 1 spot does open up for a G5 to get in, there will be a mad scramble for it!

This post is filled with so much garbage I don’t even know where to begin. The SWC fell apart because they didn’t have the exposure of other conferences. Then teams like A&M and SMU resorted to massive amounts of cheating. Arkansas then took what they thought was a better deal to the SEC. But it’s UT’s fault.

When they Big 10 started talkOmg expansion, Missouri made the Big 12 unstable with their public statements about wanting to go Big 10. Once they started the avalanche, Nebraska got into the fold. Nebraska’s dislike for UT comes from the fact that they had to stop using some kind of loophole that was allowing them to bring a bunch of players on scholarship in addition to regular scholarships. I can’t remember, but they aren’t allowed to do that in the Big 10 either. That and they fact that they played tons of close games versus UT and always lost. But UT is a dishonest bully, so Nebraska left.

Colorado went to the PAC 10 in an effort to head off Texas politicians, who were threatening to force Baylor over Colorado in a PAC 16. While these negotiations were going on, ESPN came in with a huge money offer to keep the Big 12-2 together. Everyone got extra money plus penalty money from Nebraska and Missouri. The other schools not included in PAC 16 offered up their penalty money to The rest to keep the conference together. The only school to take that extra money was A&M. A&M took that money, promised to stay in the Big 12, and killed the PAC 16. Meanwhile, they continued to negotiate with the SEC behind everyone’s back. After the next season, A&M and Missouri (the school that actually started everything) went to the SEC. On the way out, A&M blames everything on evil UT and the LHN. Only thing is, UT offered to A&M to jointly do the network. They said no. It wasn’t until UT got a huge deal from ESPN that A&M wanted in. They answer was of course no. So anyway, UT was vilified yet again because the truth that A&M wanted out of big brother’s shadow didn’t make an attractive story. The actions of A&M were truly despicable and that is why UT has refused to continue the rivalry.

Carry on with your uninformed hate. UT is the most valuable piece in the board and will get into whatever conference it wants. It will go to whichever conference makes the most financial sense. That is the real fatal flaw of UT. They are the Dallas Cowboys of college football. They are about money not championships.

IF the B12 collapses then UT and OU will go where they want and probably make sure TT and OSU find landing spots. That leaves 6 spots to fill. Kansas is a blue blood basketball school and would probably wind up in the BIG which makes them a big winner. Nobody really wants Iowa St and K-State. WVU’s only chance is ACC. Baylor and TCU are small, religious schools. We stack up really well in this competition.

4:16 we have 1% if Texoma headed to Pac 12. 50% if UT go anywhere except Pac 12.

4:18 we have >90% to land in one of the P4 conference no matter where UT go.

I don’t believe the other 4 conferences have to take in the rest of B12 members if OU, KU and UT leave. The more I think about it, no way UT will stay in the reload B12 if OU/KU leave. That would be embarrassing for them and their fans. They would better off (and just about everyone else in college) if they go indi like ND.

Ut doesn’t give a crap about tech. If they have the chance to jump ship and leave EVERYONE behind, they’ll take it. Don’t really care what they do, just so long as it doesn’t interfere in what we do
 whatever it is.

2 Likes

I know one thing
 if/when all this realignment takes place and the dust settles
 Fla-lugie will probably end up an alcoholic or in a padded room doing nothing but mumbling what-if scenarios to himself.

Help. I am feeling really mean today and I feel like I want to go on a Baylor board and ask them where they think they will wind up after UT and OU abandon the B12. Would that be terribly wrong of me?

And what would you say to them if the big 12 stay at 10 and partner up with the pac for a conference network and games where they all end up happy with no need to move while ut and ou receive an unequal share of revenue while getting to play for all the marbles?

I’d wait on the taunting until things are for sure

Definitely possible. There is a lot of legitimate speculation that OU is going to bail on the Big 12 within the next few years, which it is safe to assume that it will drive some, if not most or all, of the remaining Big 12 schools to work their way into other conferences.

My guess is that when OU bails, the Big 12 will become AAC 2.0 (in the same sense that the AAC became C-USA 2.0) which will most likely still include Houston.

Who would want UT? LOL.

UH will probably gravitate to the ACC before the PAC. The plane flights for a PAC schedule would be brutal and viewership for PAC games is nowhere near the east coast viewership. The coach for Univ of Washington was even complaining last season that not enough people pay attention to PAC games for their teams to be competitive for playoff consideration.

Jokes and hate aside, I am sure B1G/Pac/ACC (probably SEC) will add UT in a heartbeat!

It would be a long ways away and a long shot, but would still love a scenario where we end up in the ACC. UT/OU/OSU/Tech to the Pac. Kansas can go up to the Big 10. SEC steals UNC and UVA so the ACC decide to expand west and take UH and TCU to get Houston and DFW tv markets. West Virginia and Cincy also added to get to 16 for football. New Big 12 - Baylor, Iowa St, Kansas St, Memphis, UCF, USF, Navy, Temple, UConn, SMU. They will start calling it a P4, but Big 12 teams wear P5 patches.

2 Likes

Well UH is positioning itself to be very attractive when P5 realignment starts. Whether UH is invited to join the P5 or not, I give the administration an “A” for effort.

3 Likes

UH gets into a P5 and then the system will then be changed to a P4.

2 Likes

It has happened before. Many forget that we joined a BCS conference, and we were a “BCS school.”

1 Like