Reckless Speculation: Where Might Big 12 Teams Go Next if They Leave?

LINK

That is a very interesting perspective that I have never heard before. With that logic we are clearly going after the Pac 12. (Washington State, Arizona, Utah and Colorado). Granted with Arizona we have already played the two games.

So UH, OSU, KSU & Tech could be the 4 & that gets the pac into central & good markets

We’ll see how far this speculation goes with the people policing this board…I am sure they will enlighten us with how superior certain schools are and make sure we stay within our third tier boundaries. No need for silly speculation :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Total nonsense on the speculation. Besides Texas and OU, some of those schools can easily become left out in the cold and may have to settle for G5 conferences.

Ridiculous to believe that the SEC will be interested in schools like OSU or WVU, or TT would have a decent shot at the PAC unless they did a major strategic move and added a TX/OK division which would include more schools.

I can’t believe that Texas would end up in the SEC over the B1G. Would Aggy even be welcoming of a Texas to the SEC? Of course new money drives most decisions.

Besides Texas and OU, many of those schools are at risk of not retaining P4/5 status in their next conference. I fully expect that the Big 12 will try to hang together with new invites of the top end G5s which will be Big East round 2.

Kansas should be an attractive add to the B1G with the quality of school being AAU and having an outstanding BB program and history. Football sucks at Kansas, but there is enough quality there in terms of market, BB, and quality of school to be an attractive add to the B1G.

Interesting no mention of TCU and Baylor. I assume they believe they’ll end up in G5 conferences and interesting no mention that the Big 12 will try to save itself with top G5 adds.

Baylor and TCU should be the most worried.

lol

UT isn’t going to the SEC or the Big 10 and those teams to play in conference. They prefer to have 3-4 money games and still play the KU’s and other weaklings in the Little 12. They only want to have one big game against OU and still provide the perception that they are a power team.

2 Likes

LSU, Michigan, Alabama, and Ohio State are mad at you for not considering them big games.

3 Likes

Every single member of the B12-2 can go pound sand for all I care.
And I have said for years that TU, as delusional as they really are with illusions of National Stature (i.e. ND), may actually be headed for life as an Independent…
They actually believe they are that important to The World Order…
I know this sounds like Left Field, and it is, but I do think in the long run it is a possibility (not probability) that is actually in the mix.
Don’t discount their dripping arrogance…

1 Like

“LSU, Michigan, Alabama, and Ohio State are mad at you for not considering them big games.”

Point taken, however, compare those teams schedules with UT’s. That said, comparing all conferences is tough. The Big 10 has plenty of patsies with the likes of Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, etc.

1 Like

Some UT alums are really crazy. The other day I heard one comparing them with Harvard.

Mon. That made me laugh. While Texas should be on the same level as Bama with all the talent they get, they have somehow managed to become the Bermuda Triangle of football. That said, they are a force and will be reckoned with. I could see them going to the SEC because of the money and to be part of the best conference while the Big12 becomes questionable. They have the money to back them without PUF so I think they are in the drivers seat.
I don’t see TCU going away easily either. They have more money and clout than folks think, witness the $164 MM remodel of their stadium in 2012 for which 1/2 of the cost of which was covered by a handful donors and another 100 or so covered the balance. In addition they are in the process of an ADDITIONAL $100MM upgrade to the same facilities.
Hate em or not, they are not going away.

The B1G is going to make a move when the time comes. i dont see how the PAC 12 can sit and do nothing while their main rival gets ever bigger and richer… That will be the PACs chance to move into Texas and central time zone markets.We have been talking to those people for years. Its a mutually beneficial situation for both parties.I expect it to happen, come 2023/24.

3 Likes

Before I add to the reckless speculations, did the other 10 B12 schools sign the GOR pass 2025? I know UT and OU did not.

1 Like

No. Without Texas and Oklahoma there is no B12.

2 Likes

There might be a Big 12 without Texas and OU but without some unforeseen defections from other P5’s it will probably become the weak link in College football or even drop out of P5 status.

1 Like

Yep, the Big 12 will survive, but they’ll be the next Big East or American Athletic Conference basically.

2 Likes

the Big 12 will not survive unless all other conferences choose to stand pat and do nothing after B1G makes their move…That does not seem likely. I know OUR leadership doesnt think they stand pat.

1 Like

The “BIG 12” will survive if OU and UT leave, but they’ll have to pick up scraps. Schools like Iowa State, Kansas State, Baylor, and TCU will still need a home and will pull schools in.

3 Likes