BETTER. I THINK THAT HAPPENS IN SOME BLUE BLOODS WHERE THIS KID
COMES IN AND JUST NEVER GETS BETTER. A GROUP OF 4 & 5 STAR RECRUITS
THAT DO NOT WIN. SOME YOUNG GUYS ARE SO GOOD THEY DON’T HAVE TO
WORK REAL HARD TO BE GOOD. BUT THAT GUY WHO HAS TO WORK HIS
BUTT OFF, GETS BIGGER AND MATURED IN COLLEGE. HE KNOWS HOW TO
KICK A$$. COACH YEOMAN HAD THE EYE FOR PLAYERS WHO WOULD GET
BETTER.

6 Likes

I wasn’t any good, but I grew four inches in the 11th grade and one more in the 12th and gained 50
pounds and went from a bench warmer to an invite to Glendale JC. The late bloomers like OJ are
gems when you get them. Wilson W was already good, but he just kept getting better and better.

Coach Yeoman told me his secret to recruiting was that he would look at the size of his mother. If she was big, he would continue to grow.

Most recruiters told me that I would have to grow a whole lot if I wanted to remain that slow.

1 Like

That was my philosophy when dating. Look at her mother’s arms. IF they were BIG the girl was also going to get BIG.

3 Likes

When I saw Linda for the first time I was hooked. I wouldn’t have cared if her mother was a sumo wrestler, that was the one for me! It has turned out to be a great life since I convinced her to marry me.

6 Likes

If you were referencing OJ Simpson as a JC transfer to USC I have to tell you he was a great player at CCSF. I was there, and I remember that his sophomore team was considered one of the top JC teams in the country. His HS team was not good which may have kept him from getting a full 4 yr scholarship. In 1965 recruiting was not as comprehensive as it is now. He grew up in a area of the City that was heavily Asian at the time and I don’t think he had any size on the line. I once read that his HS coach stated he was the only coach with OJ on his team with a loosing record.

1 Like