Red shirt Dane Roy

He has been outstanding this year. I say…Let’s Red shirt him.

2 Likes

It would be great to have him back but he is already 30 & seems like he can punt in the NFL now.

Time to make some $.

5 Likes

Couldn’t if we wanted to

1 Like

From the way he talks on twitter, sounds like he’s headed home after graduation.

1 Like

He is going to make some serious money. I thought his past season was up and down. So far he has been outstanding and should get drafted. IMO he has improved his “field vision”.

2 Likes

I always liked Roy but thought his personality was better than his punting. He seems to have taken a huge step forward this season though.

6 Likes

Who is Dan?

1 Like

Read somewhere this past off season he contacted Ray Guy for advice.

2 Likes

You my friend are correct.

Dane, it’s Dane bro. Like the dog…Great Dane Roy!!!

1 Like

J Jones & Roy will be playing professional football next season in the NFL.

1 Like

That makes perfect sense and great on him to challenge himself. That is how you get better. NFL surely are taking notice.

He joins AARP next year and you automatically run out of NCAA eligibility when that happens. JK really happy to see his punting senior year.

5 Likes

I had three kids by his age

2 Likes

Should have punted ? ? ? ? ?

Nah best thing I ever did

1 Like

Great Dane Roy!!!

That has a great ring to it! From now on he should be know as “Great Dane Roy!”

1 Like

And tank the season? Are you crazy? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

He is just a dominant player and a weapon at punter with his ability to put balls inside the 10…We need him FAR too much to red shirt him anyway…Going to be a great pro soon…

1 Like

I thought Richie Leone would be an NFL punter, and he never made it (but has made a career in CFL). If Leone wasn’t NFL material, I don’t think Dane is either.

But Dane is a guy this program will definitely miss. Seems like a great guy to be around, great attitude. I enjoyed his videos, he’s a hell of an all around athlete.

9 Likes