Red & White for Rice Game

I wear red to every game, fortunately I sit in lower bowl. However, still think the whole idea is stupid.

2 Likes

You can all take a marker and start drawing. U of H children will love it.

No more dumb than the people that freak out about a blue stripe on a uniform or blue UH hats at Academy.

This is good for one game or so. Sort of a thing to do for homecoming or something. But if they wanna do this for every geame that’s a mistake and the novelty is gonna wear out REAL quick.

Not stupid, to me, but certainly unimaginative. Tennessee does orange and white checkerboard at their home games, which I think is very cool. We should come up with something similar, though different so as not to be copy-cats. Maybe stripes. For example, the lower level rows 1-4 wear red, 5-8 wear white, 9-12 wear red, 13-16 wear white and so on. Repeat for 200s and 300s.

What do you think? Too complicated? Nah.

We should be able to spell out distinctly legible sentences.

Nothing but red in my drawers. They’re not gonna kick me out if I don’t blend, right?

http://www.bestcollegesonline.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/4.-Ohio-State.jpg

Just do a card section.

1 Like

A red sky with white downtown buildings. It would be easier to maintain because the skyline would be mostly season ticket holders that know to wear white every game and general fans that show up in red would be accidental participants.

1 Like

Welcome to the 2010s

I’m surprised schools havent started using large signs/banners yet. Learn from professional fans.

1 Like

I’m not hauling cards around. I’ll wear a specific shirt, but cards, banners, stuff like that, no. That’s for students, I think.

Pretty sure they put them in the seats and you only have to hold up the one provided. More likely to get a solid color in a section this way.

But please sprinkle in some blue
it is part of our color scheme now. (I actually don’t care either way but I like to bring out the “Never Blue” folks)

1 Like

The 200s wear navy blue.

1 Like

Well that didn’t work out well

I asked one of the season ticket holders why he didn’t wear white. He said, for one he didn’t know, showed me his season pass with no info and for another, he doesn’t have a white UH shirt anyway.

Probably the dumbest part was that our team wore all red, which made the Rice team wear white, so the fans that did wear white, looked like they were supporting Rice. SMH

1 Like