Redshirt Tracker

CDH is making this a thing. Personally, the optics are bad but building for the future is probably what is best for the program.

4 Likes

Me: clicks link to read the article.

Chron: you have ad-blocker turned on.

Me: turns off ad-blocker and refreshes page.

Chron: you’ve reached your article limit.

Me:

Thanks for sharing though.

10 Likes

29 potential red shirts by my count.

You can put the chronicle story url in outline.com and see the article.

2 Likes

sorry, no message

Why are the optics bad?

2 Likes

The guys playing look to be giving it a solid try. If “tanking” got us the #1 recruit in the country I could get behind the sentiment. Reshirting guys who should have been redshirted a few seasons ago is just planning ahead.

As for the media; when they start running stories of coaches leaving their old teams in shambles and mailing in their coaching duties because they have another job lined up I’ll give their opinion a listen.

11 Likes

I have no issue with the red shirting. It certainly worked for Bill Yeoman going into UH’s first season in the Southwest Conference. BUT, it only works if those red shirts come back the following year. And, I also, agree that the current team is showing fight
they could have beaten SMU for not stupid penalties and fumbles.

2 Likes

Just reload the page and hit stop immediately.

1 Like

Maybe someone could show us the list of redshirts.

Yeah, I agree that all true freshman will red shirt from the 2020 class unless we get someone like Achane’s talent.

Holgerson having to deal with all the injuries and still figuring out how to redshirt for future depth.

6 Likes

So will the open use of the redshirt for upperclassmen and admitting that it was not the spirit of the rule, will UH have a more difficult time getting medical redshirt cases approved?

1 Like

Pawdcast guys also have theirs going and goes much more in depth than JD:

I hope people know the Red shirt thing is only this year because what CDH inherited.

Another year in the program to get stronger, learn the playbook, acclimate to the system and coaching leads to a break out year next season. The transfers have been good for SMU, but I still like CDH redshirting when possible to build the program. We will be good for years to come under CDH.

1 Like

I meant upperclassmen like King & Corbin redshirting

Just a guess, but CDH will continue to use the redshirt rule, just no so heavy with upper classmen. I anticipate him redshirting as many freshmen and second year players in order to build the strength and experience of the players to benefit the school, the football team and coaching staff . . . . .

3 Likes

JD really doesn’t know that much. He knows the surface stuff to an extent and that’s about it.

1 Like

Pawdcast has us at 14 guys still redshirt eligible this season.

1 Like