Replace every DB next year except #2, #6, and #21

Geeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2 Likes

We have a lot of talent redshirting …so we got that going for us…which is nice

5 Likes

I have never seen a worse Cougar pass defense and I have been around for a long time.

5 Likes

The 2001 and 2012 defenses werent even this bad.

3 Likes

6 just got eaten alive.

1 Like

Even Ed Reed and Deion Sanders got beat before.

The problem is they didn’t get beaten consistently. What’s more concerning is which is worse, their ability to cover or their ability to tackle?

A lot of DB transfers as well. Depth, talent, and speed is sorely needed in that position group.

Some Coogfans only see the DBs as the problem without realizing that the pass rush is lacking.

We haven’t had a solid pass rush since Ed Oliver’s freshman and sophomore years.

6 Likes

Which came first? The secondary chicken, or pass rush egg?

Well, I don’t think you are remembering well, because I remember when I hated to have the other team in 3rd and long – I mean 25 yard+ long – because I knew the other team would throw deep and burn us. You do remember the 0-11 season and the years around it don’t you?

2 Likes

the 2 transfer corners and the 2 transfer safeties are better than anyone we play now…THAT is who will play next year, along with CB Demarion Williams…Anoma is a far superior LB than anyone we play now…Willie Smith, Bell, Payne, Sprewell are ALL RED SHIRTING…Godfrey is out and will be back next year…Carmouche hasnt played since first Q of second game…He likely gets a med red shirt…We will be much better defensively next year…MUCH…
And that is not even mentioning ALL the talented offensive players who are redshirting and not playing…

1 Like

For a second I thought you meant 6 DBs

2001 Defense had a bunch of Key Injuries…otherwise the Defense was good.

2, 6, 21 leaves out # 33, GARRISON VAUGHN, who had a pretty descent game today . . . . .

Yes, and Vaughn is a RSFR who will only get better.

Replace the defense of coordinator while you at it.

33 whiffed on multiple tackles just as much as the others did.