Replace Offensive Coordinator?

A more experienced WR coach is also needed imo.

3 Likes

Which is it?

Are we an average team?

Are we a below average team?

Are we a team that was overrated?

Are we a good team with poor coaching philosophy?

Are we a good team that is underachieving?

Are we in a rebuilding season?

What are we?

My opinion we are a team with enough talent to be very good. 9+ wins with a good possibility at a conference title. There are serious flaws though. So we would need be a run away favorite, but a threat. We are saddled however with poor coaching which neuters our talent by using them poorly or unimaginatively while also exposing or weaknesses. Limiting is to a 7 win regular season.

3 Likes

We learn a lot about this team tonight. Let’s hope Tulsa was a wake up call for the team and coaches.

Anybody???

Let the man coach. We have a decent oline, a decent qb, pretty good skill guys. He does what he can. No need to fire the guy.

IMO, this is the OC’s best game.

In the last drive, CMA apparently called the TD pass with his review of the playbook and holding up #1. ??

I won’t be calling for Johnson’s head tonight. Wasn’t perfect but 38 points says this isn’t on him. Since the D has kept us in most games so far this year. I won’t call for the coordinators head. But Onafario is going to have to earn his D back

Shocker, it’s the same play calling we’ve had all year. haha

Should take a lesson from Memphis and let the QB take a snap from under center sometimes. Would be better for short yardage.

Exactly. Which just proves how awful Memphis’ defense is.

Those are the points Memphis has given up in its seven games this year.

Our offense has only looked good against horseshit defenses (SMU, Memphis).

Well interesting enough, we won’t play another defense worth a dime for the remainder of our schedule. Yes, I said it, USF’s defense isn’t worth a nickle either. lol They’ve played some extremely terrible offenses and gave up 31 points to ECU (the worst offense in the AAC). Their offense is another subject though. At least Flowers won’t pick us apart with his arm. They run a lot of similar plays as us.

But our offense has also had bad games against horrible defenses. See Tulsa which statistically was worst in the nation

True. I don’t know what happened at Tulsa. I still think USF is beatable. I think that game comes down to who can run the ball most effective. Contrary to popular belief Flowers isn’t going to beat you with his arm. They give me the same vibe as SMU. I’m going to do some investigating. lol