Rhule gaining on Herman

I had to laugh at what the meltdown in Waco would be if Rhule went to UT

4 Likes

When they lose, there’s no I in Tom…

2 Likes

Who coached him to say that?

I still like his press conferences. Since he’s a narcissist he talks a lot and gives some insight. Some coaches are introverts or dislike criticism and quickly want out of press conferences.

However after Leach my favorite is Sampson by a mile.

4 Likes

Cary, you just gave CDH another 3 years. Thank you, we can now dismiss any and all coach bashing for a while.

7 Likes

Or he just reopened the door for Applewhite sympathizers. :joy:

1 Like

there are some? I had an open mind with Applejelly when he landed the job. He never really told us he had a plan. I figured he did so I never thought about it. He didn’t have a plan.

CDH has told us what his plan is and has shown us some of his tactics to make it work. If we see progress then we can have confidence his plan is going to work. We were going backwards under the last staff

2 Likes

One can be sympathetic towards Applewhite and his staff, while at the same time recognize the necessity of replacing him.

9 Likes

Renu said the big reason they hired him was because “ he had a plan “. !

I think his plan was to try to stay employed.

Maybe I need to define what I mean by sympathizers-the folks that think UH did him a disservice, and not the other way around.

1 Like

I have stated from the beginning that Dana would have four years here at the least. Where have you been? It doesn’t make him better than an average coach.

1 Like

Applewhite needed to go after the bowl game performance. I don’t think it would have been the end of the program if he had stayed another year like some people suggest. I am convinced going into the Army bowl game Applewhite had caught wind that UH was flirting with Holgorsen. Even if he did, that bowl game was an opportunity to audition for another job, and he blew it.

2 Likes

Evidently I was wrong. Coach bashing is alive and well still

Exactly. He was not a good coach, and his firing was justifiable. The latent results of that firing are not what I’m celebrating as some here seem to lump in with his dismissal altogether. Some individuals would rather leap to unstated conclusions than actually read what’s posted.

Simply put: I’m sad he and his family are effected by his dismissal, but he had/deserved to go.

2 Likes

Yea, as if it is our fault. Haha. Seems to me the people who decided on Herman for Texas all had degrees from UT. Doesn’t take a Mensa member to see that even though Herman won out of the gate, he had no long term results as HC so he was still an unproven commodity.

Tenu??

Scientology

2 Likes

Who ever it was is also a bad coach:sunglasses:

Fat fingering.

1 Like

Rhule is not going into that mess in Austin. He is doing just fine in Waco.