Rice game moved to Thursday night

For TV… which means less than 15,000 actual in attendance.

NO IT WONT!!! Not for a season opener…

1 Like

What do you think attendance would have been had it been on Saturday?

I think the attendance would have been around 31,000 on a Saturday, and will be around 21 or 22,000 for Thursday…

1 Like

Hey I wan’t to be wrong, and if I am, I will eat a truckload of crow. Thursday nights rarely have been good for us. Die hards will be there. Casual fan ain’t gonna fight traffic against Rice. Throw in that most people seem to be down on Dana, and the fickle Houston sports fan, this is what you get. We need 10,000 more die hards. And thanks to the cartel fueled coaching carousel, that momentum has been stopped for now.

1 Like

I am not talking about ticket’s SOLD, I am talking folks who actually show up.

1 Like

We know maybe half a dozen Rice fans will bother to make the 10-minute drive down MacGregor to attend the game.

2 Likes

I’m not so sure it would have reached 30,000. I feel like the “on the fence” fans are still skeptical and need to see some wins first before hopping back on the wagon. I plan on being there though. I’m looking forward to it.

1 Like

It’s first gm of season so maybe more will show up

2 Likes

For the first weekend in September, a night game is essential.

4 Likes

I will book a business trip…will bring two locals!

I hope so! Truly.

Are we sure this game is on TV? I haven’t seen anything saying it is.

Love this move, it will allow me to catch the game on TV.

GO COOGS!

1 Like

There are some diehards who want to be there, but work schedule on a weeknight prevent them from being there.

Why can’t we play them during the traditional “Rivalry” week games? We have played them more than anyone else and towards the middle to the end of the season gives us a breather.

1 Like

I agree. I would much rather go to the game on a Thursday night Sept 3rd instead of a Saturday morning or afternoon on Sept 5th.

6 Likes

Saturday afternoon games in September are too hot. Also Thursday potentially gives us larger exposure as people are hungry to start football season again.

2 Likes

Agree in sept. Day games are murder.

2 Likes

Because by November everybody knows Rice sucks and nobody cares to watch it. Why do we play them at all is the better question.

4 Likes