Rice might go 0-12

Would be nice if they did.

1 Like

I always thought they were the worst team in the countty.

1 Like

I wouldn’t wish 0-12 on anyone.

5 Likes

That would help to assure them of a multi-year scheduling offer from UT-Austin.

20 Likes

“Why does Rice play Texas”

2 Likes

I wish 0-12 on A&M, Baylor, Rice, SMU, and UT.

16 Likes

Texas plays Rice (in Houston) only because Texas can’t schedule Spring Branch Memorial High School.

13 Likes

2020 opponent.

The famous line from JFK on that historic day at Rice Stadium in the early '60s when he announced we were going to the moon in this decade …

https://www.ricefootball.net/jfk62.htm

'Course back in those days Rice was beating Texas … NOW they can’t beat themselves outa a wet paper bag …

4 Likes

I thought UCONN was worst since they have not won a FBS game in 2 years. We were close to a loss yesterday. Hopefully we will improve next year and handle Rice.

1 Like

Are they tanking the season? :thinking:

7 Likes

Back in the day Cal Tech lost every game for more than a year. Maybe three years and then they dropped football. Another school that I remember with a long losing streak was Columbia. And,
another was Chicago.

Pleases their POS President who is anti-athletics

Rice 0-12? SEE??? Who says wishes dont come true??

2 Likes

I would - and for several others!

1 Like

Really wish we would stop scheduling them. Kills our strength of schedule.

2 Likes

The AAC is looking for a 12th team and like Tulsa, SMU and Tulane, Rice’s pedigree would be a fit if Aresco has his way.

2 Likes

Columbia hired Michigan’s president after that string of losses.

Other than Notre Dame, Stanford and Rice, does any other top 20 academic university offer a full ride for football?

The Ivy League does not offer scholarships but their football players get academic grants. It makes them feel better and mightier than those football scholarships that ‘regular’ schools use.

Well because it’s only a grant if you financially need it. They do give admissions breaks for athletes, especially football and basketball. I’m mentoring a guy who got into Columbia to run track. He chose UNC because he got a lot more money. Same is true for a friend’s kid who chose UT over Penn.

However you still get a full ride to Rice for football regardless of family income. Guess there aren’t that many athletes focused on academics AND athletics. Plus many that visit Rice think it’s too weird.