Rice thinks theyre finna beat us

Rice at least has a game under their belt. The Rice staff and team got their wires crossed a couple of times during the game, this happens with a new staff.

While the UH roster appears promising, they have done nothing as a team this year yet. How will this team perform under fire, only time will tell.

Lest this board forget the touchdown tech scored last year when the UH defense was looking at the sideline for their assignments.

7 Likes

Game time is certainly different than practice. So yes, I won’t be surprised if the offense sputters at first. The defense should be solid but if they blow a coverage or miss an assignment that’s normal.

If those missteps jeopardize the outcome of the game I will be worried about just how well prepared our team was.

But, I think even with first game jitters and mistakes UH covers the 25.5 points I saw this morning.

I also think that after what happened at Tulsa last year, CMA isn’t going to let the team take anyone for granted. Not even TSU.

Anyone can beat anyone in game of football so we better be ready!

As long as we take it to the endzone I could care less what Rice does.

1 Like

I’m ready to see our D take it to their offense
 3rd Ward D!!!

True Del,
The stadium was for both universities .They took control of stadium scheduling and the rest is history !

If I were a betting man I’d take Rice at +25.5. That would mean something like 27-0, or 35-7, and with our breaking in a new offense and not wanting to show too many cards vs Arizona and Tech I think we play with a limited offense and stop at something like 24. Rice isn’t going to get to 24 on that defense. A good chance of rain is going to suppress scoring as well.

Therefore, I call UH winning 24-7.

I wish there were betting odds on this O/U because I would take the WAY over on UH only scoring 24.

25.5 is the current spread. Over/Under is 55.5.

So, I’m guessing they’re expecting something like 42-13-ish? That sounds legit.

And just to clarify, I was saying I would bet BIG money if the O/U on UH points was 24.

I just wish it had been Rice we scored 100 points on instead of Tulsa.

The spread started at 21 early in the summer and settled in at 23 1/2. Immediately after the the PV game it went to 25 1/2. Probably will stay there at this point.

I assumed he was talking about the Bayou Bucket trophy. I think it’s a very nice and sportsmanlike thing to do, to bring the trophy to us.

5 Likes

Courtesy of scores and odds.

Since 92 UH is 10-6 against the spread when a favorite of 21.5-31 points

In road games where the total is 52.5 to 56 UH is 5-1since 92.

Current total for Saturday is 56.

Since 92 UH is 11-9 against the spread when playing Rice.

It will be hard for them “to bring it to us” as we already have it in our posession !!

1 Like

UH will romp.

PRINT IT!!!

Hmmmm
:thinking:

https://twitter.com/tr3ys0ngz15/status/1034893194536869893

1 Like

The Rice we saw at PVAM is not the Rice we will see Saturday. They will be coming for us and we had better be ready for a teeth baring, claw scratching fight.

3 Likes

There is an obvious talent disparity. But they are going to come out and play with pride and fight hard. So the solution is simple go out and smack them hard. Early and often. This should be wrapped up in the 3rd quarter of we come out focused.

1 Like

Correct. Don’t do what Rice did when they were up 16-0 and start tinkering. Full throttle until halftime, then if the lead is insurmountable go ahead and start playing the backups.

If you put one barefoot in a bucket of iced water, and the other in a bucket of boiling water, you’ll feel perfectly normal.